1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pingel on SV 1G

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RRP, Nov 14, 2017.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Has anyone used a Pingel fuel supply valve on a 1G SV650 OEM tank and if so which one did you use and did you need an adapter plate for installation?

Real world input please.

Thanks
    Mark

2. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

real world? CARBS SUCK.

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

You shut up or I won't buy all those 1G parts you wanna unload...

4. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

What you need that for?

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

To transfer the fuel from the fuel tank to the carbs.:D

Phl218 likes this.
  6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

So he can shut the fuel off and spray starting fluid in the carbs when it wont start because flatslides!:Poke::crackup:

7. vance

vance *

Not on SV, but picked up two for the EX500's this year. Call them with the diameter between mounting bolts and they'll let you know what they have. Dual spigot and adaptor plate worked great for the EX's. From what they tell me, the manufacturers only use several different spans, he listed three that Kawi uses, forget the measurements but mine ended up being one of the 3 he mentioned.

Edit: I just remembered I ordered the plate online before speaking to him. didn't even use the plate.

RRP likes this.
  8. vance

vance *

Good lord, I don't even understand what I wrote.

The much shorter version: Suzuki will only use a few variations of mounting plates for their petcocks. If your bike isn't listed, it's likely the same as multiple other GSXR's that are listed.

I found the email, for example Kawi typically uses 34, 44 and 46mm spacing for their plates.

RRP likes this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

also you may have to enlarge the fuel tank vent to accommodate the additional flow.

RRP likes this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

What was that address again to send the thank you note...

Assbag. :D

11. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the OEM components?