1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ping Florida racers..

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Sep 18, 2019.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

While my full size gridding up days are over, I just discovered this place https://bushnellmotorsportspark.com/ and, from the looks of things, I would love to pick up and try to not hurt myself too bad on a mini :crackup::D . So, anyone have any experience with it as the place looks amazing and is less than an hour from my house!!!
    Cheers!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Cool .. i’ll Be wintering in Homosassa this winter .. that’s right near my place . I’m bringing the Suzuki DR 650 SuperMoto down with me . I will check that out !! :beer:

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Hit up sflminigp.com they rent adult bikes

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

FYI, I have the crash record at Jennings but none of those 20+ crashes hurt me more than a particular XR 100 crash at Bushnell, just sayin...

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:eek: Wow Mag...that's a stretch. :D

6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

This guy has posted videos on here before and it's at the Bushnell motorsports park. Looks fun for a little bike.

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

According to Borge, I’m the champ... Put it this way, after 20 I stopped counting

Quicktoy and Sabre699 like this.
  8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Ping @nsouza707

If you're looking for a Grom I know a guy...

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

@mattology

its an RS50 chassis with a CR125 stuffed in. he keeps getting more and more people to build them haha. and they let them run. go join.

10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Yes! I picked up a Grom a couple months ago just to hit up Bushnell. That track is an hour away from me and it is so much fun! Almost every Sunday there are a few people that show up on various mini bikes and supermotos. For $46 for 4+ hours of open track time its well worth it. You show up at 8, the track is open to owner karts and bikes (if karts show up, then we alternate track time) until noon. At noon, their kart rental business opens, but if nobody is running their rental karts, then the track is still open for us to do laps. In a typical 4 hours, I barely go through a gallon of gas and I wear the front faster than the rear.

I'll be there again this Sunday with my Grom to turn some laps.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Really wish this place was closer.

Are there any similar facilities to this on the east cost of Florida?

12. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I want an Ohvale so bad and Bushnell would be a perfect place to rip it around.

13. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

the wheelbase and ride height of the ohvale makes it the ultimate at bushnell.

come on out! although i am headed to california for the next 3 months , my dad and my buddies will still be out there plenty, that's for sure. if you see the slow loud aprilias you can guarantee that's us.

MELK-MAN and R1M370 like this.
  14. Shocker

Also, I believe Andersen down in Palmetto is now allowing mini bike track time on the weekends as well.

I think for you the closest option may be PBIR go kart track, but I dont know how often they do track time.

There is also Orlando Kart Center, but they only allow mini bikes for the SFL MiniGP races.

15. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

PBIR kart track does second friday of every month night time track time for bikes i believe.. go on facebook, look up sflminigp for more info

16. lee955i

Cool! I plan on heading over Sunday morning to scope the place out and see what the hot ticket is ;-) . If you see a middle age guy watching who can barely see over the fence, that'll be me...LOL!!!

Shocker likes this.
  17. Shocker

I'll be sure to say hi! Bushnell requires a pit pass to go into our pit area ($15+tax). I'm not sure how strict they will be with that if you just tell them you want to check the place out. The kid that runs the joint in the morning has always been pretty cool.

18. lee955i

Shocker!! Great to meet you today and thanks for the info and hospitality! Let the search begin ;):D

Shocker likes this.
  19. Shocker

Great meeting you as well! We had a pretty good turnout today as well even though some were in Orlando racing with SFL MiniGP.

Hope to see you out there soon!

20. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

I’m setting up both my Groms for Bushnell. Other than axle and bar sliders what else was required to get on track? Did you have to modify the factory foot pegs?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.