1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pimp my drone

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Jun 4, 2020.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So I just got a DJI Phantom 3 to play around with. And its fun. Scarring the dogs...cruising around.

Since its against Beeb policy...and general American Manhood to leave a powered vehicle stock...What can I add to pimp this beyotch out?

Props, Landing gear...Motors???

I know some of you fools got to rock a drone...school me.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

wait until you crash it and then buy the better stuff.

ask me how i know.

3. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I have a Phantom 3 (Advanced) also. No need to modify anything. Only think you will want is more range, there are some range boosters but I'm unsure how well they work. I usually get around half a mile in the suburbs, they "say" you can get up to 3 miles. I've not come close to that.

There's really nothing "better" unless you drop some major coin. The newer DJI Mavics are more compact and have better range but the video image isn't as good unless you, again, spend quite a bit for the upgraded camera. The DJI Inspire is also almost Pro level but again it's $3-4K. Just really depends on what you're doing. For 99% of the population the Phantoms are excellent, especially for the money.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

How do you know?

E Reed likes this.
  5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Scarring the dogs?

What are you doing? Cutting them with it?

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I watched Huey lodge his into the side of his old Marmo shop one day when I was visiting. I'm plenty convinced you could cut a bitch with those props.

7. ChemGuy

Maybe they are emotional scars....

motoracer1100 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

get a thermal on it and let us borrow it for spotting hogs

10. ChemGuy

You go to outdoor bars?

:D

650 RACER, E Reed and Steak Travis like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Targeting lasers.

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

The one Cleveland Indians pitcher jacked up his fingers on his drone...cost them a World Series game if I’m remembering it right.

13. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Say what?

15. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’ve the same drone, about the only thing I’ve changed are the blades for carbon fiber units, and a case full of batteries. Other than that, watch out for that tree.

16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

second attempt... cat drone.jpg

17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Exciting new graphics. Rude N number.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

put new props on it, and a prop protector ring... chased the kid to the trampoline and hit the pole. prop guard busted, props too. drone still flies with new props. screw the original guard.

19. ChemGuy

Ive wondered how well those prop guards really work. Apparently not well on hardscape.

I am looking at a couple more Batts and some extra props on the way.

How many of you fly with a tablet vs a phone? I have a mini i think i may use for a bigger picture. Is the controller to bulky that way?

20. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Speed holes and dimple drilling.

Phl218 and ChemGuy like this.