1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pics of NJMSP

Discussion in 'General' started by michaelrc51, Jan 19, 2008.

1. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

A few of us took a ride about an hour and a half south down to NJ motorsports park to check it out and here is what we saw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. michaelrc51

3. michaelrc51

End of the front straight into turn 1, about 30' or so wide
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the last turn
    [​IMG]

4. michaelrc51

What do you guys think about that wall, alittle to close for comfort???

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Warning: Personal Opinion follows
    Hard to really tell distance without seeing in person. If the track was level, that would be a good distance for a tire wall or soft barrier, but with it slightly banked, the speeds would be higher and I feel its too close. I could see someone riding off rider's right, hitting the wall/tires and bouncing back toward the track. :tut:
    <end personal opinion>

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  6. michaelrc51

It is about 30' from the track even though there is steep banking on the grading above the track. It seems to close for bikes.
    Oh by the way, this is the Lightning track

7. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I hope you are mistaken about the distance to the wall. A bike / car / bicycle going 20 mph would hit that wall in 1 second upon leaving the track. At 40mph, it would be 1/2 second, 80 mph 1/4 second. That turn looks quick. 'm not sure how good gravel traps are. I at least hope the bikes will be coming toward the camera in that pic. Might not be so bad.

8. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Nice pictures! :beer:

How did the Lightning layout compare to Thunderbolt's layout?

9. michaelrc51

Not mistaken, I went on the track. I hope that the direction is coming that way also but I am not sure, either way it is definitely to close even if the grading is pretty steep.

10. michaelrc51

Check the web site, they are still prepping for asphalt on the Thunderbolt track so there isn't any way to tell yet. The layout on the website looks OK but there aren't many left hand turns.

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Is it just me, or does the paved area seem narrow?

12. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

it's just you, ya baby...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way too close for bikes in that turn.

14. michaelrc51

It seemed that way from the fence but when we were on the track it seemed pretty wide, our guess was over 30'

15. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

Don't know that I'll get on the Lightning course, but signed up and looking forward to 4 or 5 days on Thunderbolt this year starting in August!!

16. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

17. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Thats a sound wall correct?? wonder of it can be moved now if we say something? I think the chain link is construction fence? yes?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Going to get worse when they put guardrail and tirewall in front of it.