1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos from the GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by yokohama1, Oct 31, 2019.

1. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

can Somebody help me locate them? Want to see the monsoon shots.

2. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Lee Fields with https://www.activeshooterphotography.com/ was there the whole time. It doesn't look like he has any uploaded yet. I'm sure it's a shitload of images from 4 days of action, so it may take a while.

3. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

thumbnail_Screenshot_20191028-194558_Facebook.jpg thumbnail_Screenshot_20191028-194607_Facebook.jpg

Here's a couple that Lee posted to Facebook over the weekend.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

why I didn't go out in practice friday or Saturday!

Shenanigans, MELK-MAN and E Reed like this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Holy crap!

turbulence likes this.
  6. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

The hydroplaning was the only thing that bothered me. lol But it was on every single lap... Especially right after the start/finish line, 3/4 of the way down the straight out of Charlotte's web and into and out of the chicane in the back. That was in race's 9 and 12 on Saturday. Bucked me out of the saddle a few times. It scarred me so bad mentally, that I was over 3 seconds off of my dry pace on Sunday.

7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

holy shit. that’s a whole lotta nope for me dawg!

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Where's the boats?

BigBird likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

10. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Exactly. I could take the lower grip conditions, but being legitimately concerned about just losing control of the bike in the middle of a straight is pretty creepy. I had several "moments" and it slowed me down quite a bit.

E Reed likes this.
  11. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It was moist, that's for sure. Hydroplaned a good bit coming out of Charlotte's web going into the museum corner. Huge sheet of water that was right there when you'd want to get on the brakes, made things interesting. About launched myself to the moon on the back straight as you flick the bike left to right, got on the gas just a smidge too hard and spun that rear up and bars went straight to full lock, ass outta the seat, both feet off the pegs. Nothing but dumb luck saved that one, wasted no time getting hard on the gas afterwards. I got lucky, but many others were not in that section of the track.

BigBird and Kyle Brosius like this.
  12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

And a good time was had by all . . . :D

Shenanigans and JBall like this.
  13. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Yeah, after a few laps of trying to somewhat push it and the bike spinning up or losing traction, I just cruised around the rest of the race.

14. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

16. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'm assuming full rains. That water was really deep in that area along with several other spots. I tried a rain front and DOT rear on my supermoto for the Clubman race on Saturday and it was like riding on ice. Very bad decision on my part...lol Ran rains front and back on the SV though.

baconologist likes this.
  17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anything other than full rains being used.

baconologist likes this.
  18. yokohama1

I’m just curious why you even considered a DOT. It seemed plenty wet. I managed to run 6 races Friday and Saturday on the 690 and the rear was still in pretty good shape. Will say the two AMA races 9&12 on Saturday were nuts. Head got thrown back from the splash off another bike.

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

What happened to the standing water rule? Does it no longer exist?

20. yokohama1

Would have never raced if that rule was followed. There was plenty of carnage but not sure there would have been any less had there not been any standing water.