1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pets at mid O

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by guzziguy, Jun 28, 2019.

1. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

I know the official position is no pets in the paddock, but how strict are they? could I leave my dog attached to my trailer while I race? Don't want to leave him behind, he is getting old like me.

2. Chuck78

Chuck78 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the paddock specifically, & how strict they are, but here's the general spectator stance from their website:

[​IMG]

Fan Guide
    Welcome to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Fan Guide. Please use the tabs below to find information related to the facility. This information can be helpful for planning your trip to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this upcoming summer. We look forward to seeing you at our facility in 2019!

Q: Can I bring my pet to the races?

A: While Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course does not encourage bringing pets to the track, we do allow them. Pets are the responsibility of the pet owner. Pet owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their pets. All pets must be kept under the control of a leash no longer than 6 ft. Please be courteous and clean up after your pet. Failure to do so will result in removal from the event. Pets are not permitted in any buildings, concession areas, grandstands or viewing mounds, hospitality locations, paddock/garage areas, false grid, or pit lane. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course reserves the right to restrict/remove disruptive or exotic pets. If your pet disrupts or causes harm to another individual or property, you and your pet may be removed from the facility without a refund.

--------------------------------------------------

I always thought that no pets were allowed on the premises at all, but I have known acts petforming for the weekend at the event that had dogs staying with them.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll be fine.

Old rule was no pets. AMA rule is sort of no pets as they didn't want to overstep the track rules. New track rules is pets are cool. Not sure on bicycles with the new owners yet :D

4. Chuck78

The rules did say bicycles are allowed, FYI.

5. Chuck78

Ahhhh... Actually I think now that I read bicycles are allowed at the race track, BUT not in the paddock/pits area.

6. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Who is the company hosting trackday events at Mid Ohio? Thinking of making the trip from Texas to try it out.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The track does a bunch themselves. Check out their website.