1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrucci!

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Dec 15, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

:moon:

Talking about cars....that new GR86 and the BRZ in particular look like track champs.

ChemGuy likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Jean-Michel Bayle made it look possible. And that was MotoGP.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It’s not 1993 anymore.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What fundamental changes would make that impossible today? Especially on the national scene.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep.

I have a new motorsports plan. It involves an E36 compact, 2 seats and long travel suspension. I may commit funds later this year.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  6. Knotcher

The level of specificity in training and the capability of the machines dictates more focus to be at the very front of either discipline. If it were to happen, it would have to be a pro MX rider trying their hand at road racing. I just don’t see it happening in the same season.

ducnut likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I assumed that was obvious. I don't see the opposite happening.

Knotcher likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

upload_2022-1-7_13-45-40.png

[​IMG]

cha0s#242 and cBJr like this.
  9. Knotcher

How much travel is long?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bayle had a lot going for him. He was French, multiple world championships on the world stage, the three supercross championships in a single year and big cigarette money backing him and he was good looking in an age of some really fugly motogp riders.
    If he had stuck with 250s he might have succeeded in GPs instead of a punchline.

11. Knotcher

I think, as much as I hate to admit it, road racing was the cupcake. It has the lowest number of participants by far and the lowest seat time hours by far. I think that’s finally changed in recent years due to the improvement in coaching. That’s why I don’t see an MX guy winning a road race anymore.

12. ChemGuy

I think most are 6-8 in. Depends on if/how much I change the rear mounts...probably add some room over stock by changing some sheet metal.

13. Knotcher

Rally?

14. ChemGuy

Maayyyybeee.

Still postulating and such right now.
    I was thinking maybe spec miata and SCCA sometime soon....But there are several stage rallies a few hours from me and I do love that style.

I have spent many hours on some rally build threads. Man those cages are......lots. Lots of bars, gussets....just lots.

15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

The current criteria for an AMA 'Grand Slam' is for one to win all 4 forms of AMA Pro dirt track racing and a Pro road race in one's lifetime. All used to pay points towards the earn the AMA Grand National Championship, years ago. Not a single-season thing.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

17. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Any way to tell where Petrucci would fall in the overall standings?

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Steve Wise almost pulled of something like this. He won races in AMA MX, AMA Supercross, AMA road race, and Superbiker(pre-cursor to supermoto). he almost won a AMA flat track race too(the Houston TT in 1982). It was the 80's when he did all this, though.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

don't think so since he never completed one of the stages.

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member