1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permission to flip people off

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGrouchyCat, Jul 25, 2016.

1. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Let me start out by saying I was raised in two houses after the divorce. One in the suburbs and one in the country. So when I found out that I'd need to drive downtown every day to my summer class I was pissed. I hate driving downtown. There's too many people playing bumper cars with their raggety ass geo metro.

Every day M-Th I drive my race van to class, it's all I own. Traffic is horrible, class is horrible, and finally at 5:45 when God blesses me with the end of class, I walk through the heat to my van. I can deal with the rush hour traffic, obnoxious sound systems, and general idiocy on the road, but there is one intersection that just irks me.

The opposing traffic has two lanes. It's a one way street. Right lane turns right and left lane turns left. My side is the same exact way. The light turns green and every f***ing day the people on my side sit there for the whole light, 2 people make it through the light per rotation. Usually it's a line of 8-10 cars. THEN when I get there I just go because when I took traffic school they told me the law is the right hand turner MUST stay in the right-hand lane when turning, so that leaves me the left-hand lane open. HOWEVER every single freaking day when I turn left some asshole gives me a fit about turning when I shouldn't.

I'm a very calm person and a very tame driver. I've never been in an accident or road rage or anything, but do I have permission to flip off every single one of these people? If I was in a nice car I wouldn't rely on these guys to not hit me, but I paid 900 for my van and have insurance.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Finger away!

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  3. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Unless the lanes are painted with solid line indicating "stay in lane", the right hand turner technically has right of way. Now, of course, any civilized human would surely be courteous enough to politely assist you in reducing your commute time by staying in the right lane. On second thought, blast away.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Not only do you have my support to give them the finger, I also would encourage you to shoot them.

Stupidity should hurt.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People are usually wary of vehicles that look like the owner doesn't care. Go for it.

Wheel Bearing and Metalhead like this.
  6. TheGrouchyCat

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

You are living proof of that, Fork In Head. :Poke:

8. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Can someone put the turing rules on a billboard in TN, man they suck at driving! Down here you have to assume a guy who is making a right hand turn onto a 4 lane road will go all the way over to the left lane. And dam I swear they sell cars with blinkers as an option down here! Don't even get me started on the line of 5 cars in the left lane who I have to pass on the right because they won't phucking move over....phuck I am having a heart attack now...where are my nitro pills..

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

sowega and TheGrouchyCat like this.
  10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Best commute I ever had was 1 hour and 45 minutes each way to Cary, NC, and back. I was driving a ten year old Dodge D50 4X4 that I spray-canned in the back yard. I loved how the people in their BMW's, Mercedes', etc..., would just concede me the right of way every day.

Had to explain to my Indian co-workers why I checked the oil every day, and put in a quart every other day. Guess they didn't understand old vehicles.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Permission granted, but only if you agree to reference this thread in court when you get arrested for fighting with the old Korean lady who rams you after you flip her off.

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

if the right-turners have a green light, im pretty sure they have right of way. if they have a red, the left-turner has right of way. but its illegal to change lanes in an intersection. so ya, finger em all u want.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Your problem is you live in a city with no decent public transportation.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'm with @Metalhead.

shoot 'em all.

oh, ok : Them.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

For you it would be "shoot zem all." :D

Phl218 likes this.
  16. TheGrouchyCat

The beeb is where I get all of my credible information.

BigBird and t11ravis like this.
  17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

It's not just TN.

In March, when I was driving to Daytona, the only way I could make any progress on I-95 in GA & FL was to stay in the right lane and pass all the A-holes who were clogging the center and left lanes.

18. Capitalview

Capitalview Well-Known Member

Not sure what state your in, but in Wisconsin you must use the lane immediately available to you. Meaning, no crossing over one lane to get to another that is traveling in the same direction during the turn. You are suppose to change lanes after the turn is completed. Which is what you said you were taught in drivers ed.

Flip away.

19. Yes.

And the people behind them.

And the people in front of them.

And the people on the other side of you.

You have permission to flip off anyone, at any time, even if you THINK they might slow you down.

Because fuck them.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ahhh yes...the old constant oil loss vehicles. Change the filter every few months because the oil was always mostly fresh. The only car my parents ever gave me was their old 66 Malibu wagon with a 230 straight 6 and a cracked block. I used to have to carry a couple gallons of water to top of the radiator every fifty or so miles.