1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who should not be effed with.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

OMG!!!!!! <3 !!!!!

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Looks like he's got some Pointer in him.

SpeedyE and G 97 like this.
  3. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Don't forget the lawyers. They will still be here.

4. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Just let nature take its course. The last thing you want to do is make coyotes comfortable around humans. You certainly don't want them to associate a residential area with food. In the end, any attempt on your part to increase interaction between humans and coyotes will likely result in more bad press for the coyotes. They really don't need that kind of help. We kill them on sight here.

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Coyotes are in our area but they are hunted here. Believe me, they are hardly ever seen and always on the move.

6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

He worked as a motorcycle parts rep (distributor) in So Cal

7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Why is it nobody ever has a sidearm in these cases? Is it because California?

ToofPic likes this.
  8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I still have a scar from my friend's cat back in college. Looks like I tried to slit my wrists the proper way. About a 3" scar right up the inside of my arm starting at my wrist. It was the nicest cat, loved being shown attention. One day I picked it up like always to pet it. It went ballistic and lit me up. Damn do I hate cats!!!! Only thing they're good for is Chinese food. :D Seriously, if a 5lb cat can give me a scar that I still have 20+ years later, I don't want to even think what a teenager or full grown mountain lion can do.

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I tried to break of a fight between our house cat and a barn cat we inherited when we bought our house. They hated each other and fought all the time. Anyhow, As soon I got involved it was Hoes, before Joes, and they both turned on me, and for what felt like 10 minutes I started springing leaks all over. Much to the amusement of my dad and buddy that were standing there doing nothing but laughing. You ever grab a cat and try and yank it off of you as hard as you can? Might as well have had a Rapala in my arm. Couldn't imagine what a WILD 80lb one could do. Unless you could get it's neck and hold on it would be game over. Even still you'd have a lot of collateral damage.

After they were done, they just casually strolled away as if they were best buddies now. Don't think there was ever a problem between those 2 again after they bonded messing me up. Cats are dicks. I much prefer dogs :)

10. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

A good friend from my teenage years husband has a story much like the OP's. He was in worse shape, almost got killed. I don't remember all the details but the only reason he survived is because he had a pocket knife. The mountain lion had his head and actually fractured his skull. After fighting with zero affect he remembered his knife. He stabbed it and did nothing. Then he stabbed its eye a d it finally screeched and let go. Went into a tree and continued to watch him. Again, don't clearly remember all the details but what I'm sure of is the skull fractured from the clamping down and he finally fought it off by stabbing its eye.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I have nothing against guns, but it would never occur to me to haul one around while hiking or jogging (it would also never occur to me to go jogging...).

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

We have Cougar sightings here every couple of years. The last one was 2 years ago just before the first week of deer season, and it was spotted just down the road. Walking out to my stand every morning I had my knife in my hand the whole time. Seemed silly, but ya never know..... Mostly they're just curious, but occasionally they're hungry and think you might be an easy meal worth taking a chance on. Like most stalking type predators, if you see it, it's because it let you.

We've also had a fisher come right up on the front yard to have a peek at some birdseed. It wasn't bothered one bit by the kids banging on the front window and yelling 10' away. While smaller, they could also do some damage if they decided they wanted too. Wife snapped a picture of it, and it hung around for a bit before casually strolling away. I've seen them on and off over the years.

One just has to be aware that when you're out in the woods you're sharing them with other animals who may or may not want you there. Keep an eye on your kids, and pets.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Bad ass dude. Only reason he had a chance was the kitty was inexperienced though.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You don't even have to be out in the woods.

Clients of mine watched as a hawk/eagle/condor/pterodactyl swooped down into their DFW suburbia yard and carried off their Yorkie... screaming the whole time.

I can't f**kin imagine.

They have a pitbull now.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup::crackup:

16. Dan Dubeau

About 6,7,8 years ago I watched a Red Hawk sit on a fence post across the road watching the house presumably waiting for my cat to come out so he could have a meal. I held the front door open for a good 5 minutes but the cat wasn't going anywhere. She knew what going on.

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Waitaholdit ... you saw a hawk. Knew it was waiting for the cat. Then held the door open TRYING to get the cat go do a death march??? :crackup:

18. Dan Dubeau

:) Payback for the post a couple above.... Oops I forgot a smiley lol. She wasn't going anywhere. Just sitting in the window watching that hawk, like a hawk. THAT cat was wicked smart, and was awesome, I miss her all the time. She eventually went missing for a few months, then came back for a few days then disappeared for good again :(. That was over 7 years ago, and I still wonder what happened. We lost the other 2 barn cats (both also female) around the same time too, so I think a coyote developed a taste for cats in the area at the time. We still have her brother (only one left) but he's a complete idiot, and the dumbest, laziest cat I've ever encountered. He's 12 years old and I have no idea how he's survived this long. I'd trade him straight up for a chicken wing. Flat or drum, dealers choice for sauce I'm not picky. :crackup:

19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That one truely made me sick/sad.I once had a red tail come after my 2 daschunds,but also had a 130 lb german sheperd make a go at the hawk at its dive down.
    The little dogs never even knew what happened,or that they had been saved.
    That had me searching,as I couldn't believe hawks ate dogs,but I was wrong.Won't catch me sleeping again.My sheperd has since died,so I keep a watch out when walking my dogs.I have a standard Yorkie male,with his nuts,and he don't give 2 shits about fighting anything.He's not as small as a pocket yorkie,and no Hawks gonna pick him up w/o
    a fight.

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't carry when jogging either. I was more thinking about these long hikes in the middle of nowhere.