1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who should not be effed with.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 5, 2019.

1. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago I hiked the PCT. I was more concerned about cats than bears. Kept my foam mattress pad up on my pack to protect my neck. Pussy cats are stealthy as f@ck.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. Man Card- he has one.

Funkm05 likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Completely agree, but that’s a benefit of being at the top of the food chain. For now. :D

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I think you may have missed the point of that character...

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nuanced, yes. I don’t claim to be an expert, just part of the conversation.

In my friend’s case, his security cameras caught the very brief struggle. Had to be tough to watch...

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Have you seen the movie? That fellur knows good shell placement...Waste not wont not?

7. You're feeding and treating coyotes? :eek: In most places they are considered pests. In Tennessee, they can be hunted year-round, and there is no bag limit. The TN Wildlife Resources site has, as the very first sentence on its Dealing with Coyotes page:

Do not feed coyotes!

I'm an animal lover, but I agree with TN's approach. Coyotes are a scourge. My neighbors in TN lost pets and farm animals to coyote packs, and feeding them just makes the packs larger and the coyotes less fearful of being around humans and animals cared for by humans.

There's lots of other wildlife that deserve your help much more. Leave the coyotes alone.

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They are part of the extended rat family. Like deer, pigeons, etc.
    Rats, all of them.

cBJr, SpeedyE and jrsamples like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Truth.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Feeding coyotes? Few animals are more self sufficient.

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

No shit. if the world ends, it will be cockroaches and coyotes left, because they learned to adapt to living on cockroaches.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

I would guess he's trying to treat them for mange with Ivermectin laced food. The vet was telling about one of his customers that did this for squirrels in the neighborhood (her dog kept getting mange from the squirrels).

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

15. SpeedyE

TJ, Yes! <3
    I have 4, they all come at different times, no schedule, sometimes they come in pairs, or x3. It is freezing cold, sub-0 some nights and they are almost completely bald :(
    I have the meds, but cant double dose any of them....i dont have a clue how to get each one dosed....and they/vet told me, if all 4 arent dosed w/in 1 week time frame, the undosed one willl re-infect them all. Im at a loss. :(

LisaU likes this.
  16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

IIRC you are a guy that's quite familiar with various firearms?

Just sayin.

I get the urge to save them all. Really. But as has been mentioned, coyotes are a scourge in populated areas.

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. SpeedyE

I cant even kill a bug......

LisaU and ZimZam like this.
  18. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

It’s really hard to overdose. Our GSD had bad allergies, but at the start they put her on high doses of Ivermectin in case it was mange.

So if you are set on this path, up the dosage. The side effect of too much was loss of appetite in our GSD, so they naturally won’t OD on it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  19. SpeedyE

Thank you TJ!!!!!!!! <3

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Killer was raised with two yellow labs and he picked up a lot of dog traits.
    46195120_10156106636199482_2340593246008246272_n.jpg

ToofPic, Uncle Snake and SpeedyE like this.