1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People and their opinions

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by crashman, Dec 3, 2018.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

For a 6 year old or girl.....well no most US woman could also do better....maybe a 12 year old girl.

Another alternative would be "did your mamma raise you to an ass or was this skill honed after you left home, if you have moved out of the basement yet. Now get out of my light so I can pluck the hoot howl I stashed in my luggage for an in flight snack."

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You did way better than I would have. Option A would have been a glum stare until they got uncomfortable and walked away, or Option B would have been a simple statement of "Go away", followed by glum stare, if I felt they needed a little prompting.

Come on people, context matters. Don't be fucking with people in airports.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Shoulda went all triggered by his affront.
    "SECURITY! SECURITY!"
    Then whip out your phone in vid mode. :D

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Sorry all. I am not nearly clever enough to think of something funny off the top of my head. An entire career in the oil industry has honed my responses down to fuck you, fuck off and go fuck yourself. The good thing is if I am annoyed there is no wondering if I am annoyed.:D

beac83, stk0308, GRH and 2 others like this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Well, that explains Broome. :crackup:

beac83, stk0308 and crashman like this.
  6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

It's not a new phenomenon...I
    Oh so true! After having worked in a power plant for many decades I found it hard to keep from using the "universal adjective" before every noun.....:crackup:

crashman likes this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Totally. You really do not get far on drilling rigs by being polite and respectful and going with the flow. Some times you just have to demand shit and explain things to people in a way that they understand.:D

Orvis likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling

crashman likes this.
  9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hey, we got all the facts that we need. It was Crashman's fault because he was the one wearing that Halliburton jacket. He's such an offensive little twit. :D

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If someone wants to buy me a jacket for work I will stop wearing my free Halliburton one. So if you are not ponying up for a jacket you can fuck off with the guy in the airport!:Poke:

:D

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Send me your shipping address... :Poke:

[​IMG]

crashman likes this.
  12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Take the used snot rags out of the pockets before you send crashman your jacket, OK?

crashman likes this.
  13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

That ain’t snot. :Poke:

jrsamples and crashman like this.
  14. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Kidding aside
    Our parent company told us to stop wearing anything with our company logo out in public. Since the field guys travel mostly by air they are in airports every week.
    I picked up some of these jackets for them and they all seem to like them alot. I ended up buying one for myself too.
    https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-...os1&start=5&cgid=mens-outerwear-jackets-coats

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

You are apparently more people oriented than our managers...

16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

A friend, who works with Duke Energy was sent to eastern NC to work the flood stuff. He was riding with a woman who had done it before. When they finally found a place for gas, she gets out and puts on her coat, odd he thought. In the store he took a lot of verbal abuse, wearing his Duke shirt for all to see.

She grabbed a soda and a snack and pretended not to know him.