1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penske vs Ohlins shock

Discussion in 'Tech' started by FrostyFire, Jul 23, 2009.

1. WERA_864

WERA_864 Well-Known Member

Unless you are winning races get the Penske double.

You wont be able to tell the difference, you will save 100's of dollars, and it will be easier to tune because there is less things to tweak.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

:stupid:

When/if you are in need of the additional tuning features, send it to penske and they can add it on.

If you are looking for a good reason to buy Penske, their support for their shocks is great. Most every US suspension service will do Penske shocks. Only a handful can mess with the TTX's and get it right. Penske's are also less expensive.

None of the above should be considered indicative that Ohlins provides a less superior product. I am just a very satisfied Penske customer.

3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Penske double is a great shock. Less to get lost on when learning setup and experimenting. Ohlins is an excellent product but you are paying a premium for the name. Also the hydraulic pre-load adjuster is a leak waiting to happen and will require service at some point. Seems like a complication compared to the Penske threaded collar.

4. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Made in USA has to also count for something. I just ordered a Penske double for my 675.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Got my PENSKE triple off ebay.
    It was off an 06 GSXR 600 but I needed it for my 07 GSXR 1000.
    Bought the shock for $350 and sent it to Matt at MDracing He put a NEW spring on it, made it fit my bike(changed valving,shims or whatever else had to be done), and serviced it for less than $200.
    That included parts, labor and next day shipping.
    Turnaround time was 2days.
    I have $550 invested in a PENSKE triple.

My point is, you couldn't get that done with OHLINS.