1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedrosa gets a Repsol Motogp bike.....

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Dec 9, 2018.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Sorta the same thing with Ben Bostrom, only he didn't win any races in his championship year. Thomas Stevens also only won 1 race when he won the AMA superbike championship. And he took it to another team as well. Though, I don't recall if he was fired, or he moved on his own accord.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

If I recall, Ben's manager screwed the pooch on that one. Honda offered a renewal contract to Ben, specifically stating that it was firm, not subject to negotiation.
    Ben's manager sniffed at it and then submitted a counterproposal. Honda said no and cut Ben loose.

stk0308 likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Is that a bad comparison? Seriously. Is a 250/moto2 championship more prestigious than a national SB title? I mean, how many SB champions have went directly to MotoGP? Lots. And more than a few have had good careers there.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I don’t think it necessarily is a bad comparison. Especially the AMA Superbike race wins and championship against a pretty solid field of riders.
    Just pointing out that some peeps were including non premier class results for one racer while omitting them for the other.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I suppose they should have included Bostroms Lodi Bowl wins. :D