1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pedrosa gets a Repsol Motogp bike.....

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Dec 9, 2018.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

He was banished back to the Red Bull Rider Academy before Stoner and Marquez were on the Repsol Team, I believe.
    I think Honda maybe felt that Puig's influence on Pedrosa wasn't what they wanted, and felt like making a change might
    improve Pedrosa's chances of success. Nothing changed.

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

No shit. I can't even take Sundays off! :D

[​IMG]

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

McPint posted on twatter:

John McGuinness Retweeted Repsol Honda Team

Fantastic, how it should be [​IMG] I got given a second hand Africa twin 2 years ago and now they want it back!!! [​IMG]

vizsladog and scottn like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Puig was DP26's manager and then HRC hired Puig as the Repsol Team Manager last year. Puig had nothing to do with MM93 being on the Repsol team. Probably the reason that he dumped Dani for JL99 though.

vizsladog likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What team manager who enjoys being employed would have chosen Pedrosa over Lorenzo for 2019?

SGVRider and BigBird like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

A soon to be no longer employed by Honda team manager.

SGVRider likes this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, he was also employed by Repsol. He was and is like a hydra.

SGVRider, Prospect and BigBird like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

yep. "As HRC Advisor, Puig served as Director of the Asia Talent Cup and British Talent Cup from 2014 to 2017"

https://motogp.hondaracingcorporation.com/staff-member/alberto-puig/

Wasn't he also the manager of Casey Stoner or "found him." The #25 was part of the series he was in with Dani, where Dani was #26 before coming into MotoGP. I remember reading something like that in Casey's book.

9. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

because Hayden to that point was 3 years in and had 1 win. he was supposed to be the future.
    as for not getting it done. 27 wins and getting steam rolled by Super sic on your way to the championship is not bad.

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You just cheated Dani out of more top class wins that Nicky had in his career.

cha0s#242 and vizsladog like this.
  11. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

sorry...31 wins.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

[​IMG]

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn dude, Nicky didn't deserve that.

SGVRider likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Championship > individual race wins.

All day long.

Jedb, mike574, pscook and 1 other person like this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The way he was banished I thought this dude was on the outs. I strongly suspect he had compromising photos of top Honda executives. How the fuck else could he worm his way into being the team director?

vizsladog likes this.
  16. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Blunt, but a true statement.

cha0s#242 and vizsladog like this.
  17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

It was my understanding Pedrosa fired Puig as his management years ago, coinciding with Puig going into management over the Talent Cups. Then, later, Honda brought Puig into the MotoGP team. Awkward!

BigBird likes this.
  18. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That's not how Stoner sees it. According to him, he races for wins and the championship is a bonus.

vizsladog likes this.
  19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That is actually what I thought but the way he said it made me think like he doesn't play the championship game the same way others do. For example, some riders will see they have a good point buffer and take it easy a few rounds so they won't go all out in those races, not the case with Stoner; from what I remember at the time it just stuck with me that he didn't play the points game.

I agree with you, it's the championship that matters even if you end up winning it without actually winning a single race.

20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

As a die-hard NH69 fan, it hurts me personally that this is factually accurate.

Fun story: I gave an old friend who's also a die-hard CE45 fan a DVD copy of the immortal 2002 Imola duel between Edwards and Bayliss and casually asked him, "Say, wasn't that Colin's last pro-level race win?"

For the record, I'm a huge CE45 fan, I've just always liked Nicky better.