1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay Attention Harley

Discussion in 'General' started by tecknojoe, Nov 7, 2017.

1. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

If they made that bike, they would be sued.

3. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance - why would they be sued?

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

KTM/Husky is building nice bikes and I'm beyond impressed with their progress in MotoGP, but they will be bankrupt. You heard it here first.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, because it's so unique and original. :crackup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Metalhead likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

7. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joe, what generation is yours?

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Mind: Blown. You mean that bikes with flat track styling look similar? Next you're going to tell me that faired supersport bikes also follow the same design queues...

Edit: That Ducati is sexy as f#ck though!

10. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I'm 31

I think that svartpilen looks 100x better than anything posted above. Tear drop tanks, chrome, and little round bulbed headlights look like shit to me. the 690 single is going to be a lot lighter and more manageable too.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, I'm saying that Husky is hardly the first motorcycle manufacture to produce a bike that the OP says that his generation would purchase. Mind blown 2.0 - the bike in question is already being produced in spades. Shocker.
    [​IMG]

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Damn! You must know something about RedBull than we don't because that's where a LARGE apart of their money comes from in Gp/racing....

Add in the fact that they are one of the only companies continuing to offer different stuff to considers and I think you're pretty wrong.

turner38 and G 97 like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A neat bike from back in the days of the Cromags (early human days, not the band) Honda did the Ascots. A V twin and a lumper. Neat bike but sold worse than Dirty Ass flavored lollipops.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Also considering that they have a large global presence and have product diversity unless they do something drastically stoopid, it's highly unlikely they go BKR. They are currently positioned better than several other manufactures in their group.

15. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Being 34, and in "your" generation, I would take the XR1200.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The MotoGP effort has nothing to do with why I think they’re headed for trouble. I’m not that dumb, I get that manufacturers don’t race on their own nickel.

I love KTM. I’ve been riding SXFs for years and am thinking about a 1090 adventure. I just think they’re overinvested in an industry that’s on the fence, and selling dirt bikes with a “warranty” and 390s with a $500 margin at msrp is not a good way to support the dealer network that they rely on.

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The Shartpilen looked cool 2 years ago when they started threatening to bring it to market. No matter the generation, bikes like this with very strong niche appeal will fail to sell like many others before them. And despite HD's recent woes, I doubt KTM/Husky is a big concern for them.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well then Honda should have filed BKR years ago. They are way more invested in the same industry while having simular to lower dealer retail margins.

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

A single?

If it's over $5000, it's DOA.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

This.

dtalbott likes this.