1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Participant rates up or down???

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by zippytech, Sep 18, 2010.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Has any one seen the attendance numbers this year?

I have race both dirt and street this year and I have yet to see full gates or full grids.

What is the minum number for a race to be canceled due to no racers?
    50 100 ?

I am not sure I been to a race that had any more than that.

2. zippytech

only one

Am I the only one who thinks there are less racers this year?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're not but why would you post a question in the race reports section?

4. zippytech

Just figured race reports would be best place to post because it pertains to racing participants and the amount of racers at any racing event.

where would you have posted?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

General.

The answer is that while overall it's down, some individual events have seen an increase, some regions we've seen an increase.

6. Dingbat

Dingbat Banned

How's the GNF racer turnout in the Expert classes? Any big dogs?

7. PaddyO2

PaddyO2 New Member

Some races did seem sparse, but I plan to be out again for 2011. I hope that those who took some time off have saved some money and will reappear in February. AMA rosters looked smaller too, but I'm hoping that 2011 will be a big year in WERA.

8. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I know for WERA West, myself and a handful of friends are all committed to running WERA for the first time next season. Two of us ran the final race at Vegas this past weekend and couldn't have been happier with the whole operation.

9. Bobb Shyy

Bobb Shyy Probably gonna get banned

Tell me that there has been more than 6 race reports the ten years this site has been in operation.

10. irnieracing

irnieracing Canadian Superbike Racer

haha..

i think 2009 and 2010 was the worst time to be a superbike racer. Let's hope things turn around for 2011!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People tend to blog on their own sites but pretty sure there have been more than 6 in all these years the BBS has been up.