1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking Lot Training Ideas

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Crconnor18, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Crconnor18

Crconnor18 Well-Known Member

I was able to get a smokin deal on a Z125 and looking to use this to get as much seat time as possible.

That being said, there are no mini tracks but plenty of open lots up here in Boston. I’m keeping the bike quiet, insured & plated to limit the amount of legal trouble that can be imposed.

Anyone have any pointers? Track maps? Local to Boston and interested in joining up once it’s reasonably warm out?

I just threw a set of Knick’s, HH pads & ss lines on it to keep things simple functional.

2. mino6466

mino6466 Well-Known Member

Parking lots... 2 cones 10 feet apart. Circle drills then figure 8s. Move the cones 30 feet apart then practice braking into figure 8s. Common drills I have seen to be very good getting used to a mini.

Youpaiyou and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Check out the NJMiniGP program. There are people that come down from your area to race in that series, and they are branching out to other mini tracks that are in Upstate NY.

Crconnor18 likes this.
  4. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

I also got a Z125 in December. I’ve been making myself random race courses out of orange cones and riding around them to my heart’s content. The little bike lets me know immediately when I put unwanted pressure on the bars which has been great training for my legs and core to do the right thing.