1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painted race bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by flygirl, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Can of satin black Krylon. Function over form nowadays.

2. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Swenson.....with bare metal tank. :)

Attached Files:

3. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone appreciated the info and pics

4. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Nah brotha. That Titanium spring from the SL is the shit. My man Fahed has it on his carbon Pani.

10658548_10104986688603542_8807842643994454785_o.jpg 13996159_10105526654697162_7519643327301110904_o.jpg

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

NCM_0196sm.jpg NCM_0198sm.jpg I just updated the paint scheme on the Gen4, zx10r street bike. I like kaw green, don't get me wrong but, I knew when I bought the bike in april, I wanted the white version, and all the green wasn't going to last long. Monday morning I picked up the body work from my painter (local dealership body shop). the white is, a custom pearl white, 3 stage, gloss finish. it looks amazing in the sunlight. wasn't fond of the matte finish pearl white on the 13, for finger prints, clean up, scratches ect... the gloss finish suits me better. I put her back together Monday night.

took her on a maiden voyage, after the new paint today, to the body shop to show the painter, the finished product. he was concerned he was only painting white, and it would be too much white. he didn't realize all the black borders, and green highlights. and that is what really sets this bike off. we are both VERY HAPPY, with the end results.
    find a good local guy you can trust, if you don't go with one of the heavy hitters, listed here
    Ski

BigBird, flygirl, BHP41 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Just a track bike, painted by Auctmarts in China believe it or not....$100 paint job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigBird, flygirl, ew422 and 1 other person like this.
  7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I am at work so i don't have any pic son my computer but JP and Nick Shahin @ Shahin95Enterprises. they also do powder coating too

8. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

I did mine...

Attached Files:

flygirl likes this.
  9. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

I bought my 675R earlier this year from a guy in the Bay Area who had Andrew Swenson paint the bodywork. Best I've ever seen. Everyone at the track just goes gaga over it. Pics can't even do it justice, with the sparkles and the fading of black to red, etc. Love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Here's another that I did for a friend in the back yard with a HF gun and pancake compressor. Triumph 675 British racing green and lotus yellow.

Attached Files:

JBall likes this.
  11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Anyone that can put down 1 color per pc at the quality level you want then add custom designed and printed vinyl from Alpha 1 Vinylworks.

Cheaper, easier, and nicer graphics, IMHO.

12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Andrew Swenson knows how to paint a bike....

IMG_7256.JPG

13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I paint my own but I'll give another vote to Chris Parrish with GC Services. Dude is the man on paint and body and you would be supporting a damn fast WERA racer.

V5 Racer and No Brakes like this.
  15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

That shit looks pimp! Kawi should take note.

skidooboy likes this.
  16. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

Well my bike is all set to go. Huey finished her today ....ill be getting some seat time on it before I get it painted. I gotta wait for another payday anyway and check into these guys that Ya'll recommended plus I gotta figure out exactly how I want it painted. But here she is my very first race bike

[​IMG]

17. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Looks great! Congrats!

18. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Put a small scratch on it somewhere just to appease the gods or they will do it for you.

lrrs_311, Yzasserina and flygirl like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I know they say to have spare parts...but you basically have a spare bike in parts :eek: :bow:

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. If it can be damaged in a crash, then I want to have at least one spare. It would suck to have a weekend end early because of not having something.