1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint guys??? House paint spray on car, how to make it gone?????

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I was in the keys where a lot of the parking lots are that white sand/dirt mix. It was raining so puddles. Left the week and came back. Washed my truck, its white, see what I thought was dirt splatter but its dried paint. It's only on one side, but still stuck to my tires, mud guards and a light spatter going down the whole left side bottom 1/2 of the truck. I've searched the internet with some horror paint stories worse than mine. It's a 14 dodge ram that I have washed and waxed on a regular basis.

I've read a lot of old wives tales. I really don't want to damage my clear coat/ original paint. So far the only thing that the internet says truly works is prep solvent, dabbed on and a serious wax to reseal it. Or just came from an auto parts store and the guy there told me to spray oven cleaner on it????

I'm scared to do anything, it's a nice truck, it's weird because the paint splatter perfectly matches the paint job. That's why I didn't notice until detailing it yesterday how bad it actually is.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

When in doubt and you don't wanna damage it...WD-40 on a rag.
    Or you could rub some of that rum on it. :D

4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Bacardi.

Phl218 and auminer like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oven cleaner is good for cleaning all sorts of gunk off clear coat.

418 likes this.
  6. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

Rubbing compound and a foam pad on a buffer. Even a clay bar might work.
    Don't go to AutoZone looking for this stuff. Head to a auto paint supply store. Or pay a body shop to do it.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Drop it by a trusted body shop and let them deal with it. What works on painted surfaces may wreck plastic surfaces. They’ll know what to do.

busa99 likes this.
  8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I had this exact thing happen. It was my wife’s brand new 1/2 ton Dodge Laramie. It was bright red and beautiful. The white specks were everywhere. I hired a paint shop to buff it off. There were a few spots on the windows seals and stuff. Those just wore off in a few months. It cost me about 400 bucks to have them buff it.

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The original Honda Pro cleaner...that stuff gets everything off!:D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. Adam.B

Adam.B Member

Clay bar, paint correction, then wax or paint sealant, or both.

black knight likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:
    Lock thread.

13. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

figure out who did the painting near the lot, get a body shop or professional detailer to estimate the repair, clean up to prior to loss conditions. send to said paint entity, if no response... contact your insurance company (if below your deductible). they will go after the painter. DONT TRY IT YOURSELF UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Ski

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Just let a crocodile eat you and you won't have to worry about it.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Spray the other side too

MachineR1 likes this.
  16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

This is not a joke or drunk thread. Trying to find the best way to remove splatter house dried paint, off the side of a nice truck without destroying the clear coat and original paint.