1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paging The Punished(er)

Discussion in 'General' started by melissa, May 28, 2003.

1. melissa

melissa Sir

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

When I saw this thread all i could think about was

"LOOK OUT BETH, SHE'S COMING RIGHT FOR YOU!"

Sorry I couldnt resist:D

3. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

Please tell me you are not in Italy reading the BBS

4. melissa

melissa Sir

Oh man, do you think if I was in Italy reading the BBS I'd be pathetic enough to actually post?

That's next week. :D

5. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

*sigh* I wish I was going to be in Italy next week.....

....but I guess I can wait out the extra week until I fly into Milano on the 11th! :D

Where exactly are you going?

6. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

What would be the chances of putting in an order for some grappe. Specifically Chianti brand. It comes it a little bottle that looks like a chianti bottle (with the basket).

If not that brand then anything around 20 or 30 EUs.

I'll promise to share!

PS If you need a better catcher during the endurance races come grab me! ;)

7. melissa

melissa Sir

I think I need a telescoping sidestand I can deploy when I hit the kill switch on the way into the pits. Or some longer legs. :)

I think we're going almost everywhere but Sicily. Venice, Florence, Bologna, Rome, Naples, Viareggio, but most importantly, the MotoGP at Mugello!

Isn't grappa a controlled substance, highly volatile and extremely flammable? Don't they run F1 cars off of it there? I think it works like nitro (and tastes like it too!)... :p

8. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Of course it's not "controlled". This is the US of A!!!! Just be glad it comes in a small bottle when it comes time to "conceal" it.

Honestly: You really shouldn't have a problem with it. Just claim it as wine.

Now Greek ouzo is I-leg-al! Oulmori Ouzo is the only time I've ever houlucinated.... well except for that funny tasting stamp in high-school but that's another story.

9. melissa

melissa Sir

I'll keep my eyes open for it. Maybe I can just sneak it into Sam's bag and let him deal with it, like that bottle of absinth we brought home from Prague (speaking of hallucinations).

10. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I have 23 bottles of Grappa in my collection, most were brought through customs at some point. Of course, I had to swallow the whole bottle beforehand, but being thinner than regular wine bottles, they are easier to pass.

Nah, you should be fine with the Grappa in Customs, and if you dont like it, I'll buy it from you

Have fun out there, (almost my favorite country.):D

11. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Awesome.

The worst stuff I've ever experienced was (and I'm not sure how to spell this) was Green Shartruce.

I honestly accused my friends of putting gas in a bottle to see if I'd drink it.

12. melissa

melissa Sir

Are you sure that wasn't green grappa? Just smelling that stuff instantly paralyzed half my brain.

Chianti brand instant brain paralyzer - ask for it by name!

13. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Here it is:
    http://www.chartreuse.fr/pa_green&yellow_uk.htm

I have seen white grappe! Didn't try it though.
    I was in Aviona with a crew. There was 8 of us. When we got up to leave the hotel bar to look for other bars we looked back and there was 12 empty carafes of house red and 9 empty plates of spagehtti!

Hey that was the first night I ever got shot at (well the first time getting shot at as a civilian...)! Never EVER goto the strip club in Pordanone and complain about the women to the big guys with the crooked noses.

14. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

From the website:
    Chartreuse is the favorite liqueur of Hunter S. Thompson, the author of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Nowwww it's starting to make sense!

15. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Tim told me it was "medicinal liquor." :eek: :D

Thanks for the link, Melissa- it's not every day someone makes a movie about me. ;) I think I need that skull on the back of my leathers. :)

16. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

I was born in Naples. Take pictures! :)

17. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

I will be running around the high-passes of the Alps with my Father and Brother. (I on an R1150RT, my brother on an R1100S, and my Dad on an R1150GS. There will prolly be some bike swapping going on.) My father was based in Aviano for 5 years, so Northern Italy is his old stomping ground. He used to ride around on ex-works Ducatis and tricked out 350 Desmo singles.

Are you kids "caging" it, or renting bikes?

18. melissa

melissa Sir

Have secured Grappa Di Chianti.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have I told you this week how much I hate you Miss Berkoff??? :p

20. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Ooh, ooh, can I have some, Melissa? :beer:

So, I am walking through the paddock at Rd Amer today, and this guy hollers, "Hey! Aren't you Beth Wyse?" I turn, wondering if I should admit the truth. When I say yes, he replies, "Yeah, I recognized you from that Halloween pic of you and Melissa that was in Roadracing World!" LOL! Infamy.... ain't it great? The guy turned out to be Ed Sorbo.