1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overpants v Riding Pants

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That didn't really need a response, lol, just being silly and responding to your invitation to flame away. :)

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

My Ogio bag had the back pack straps for walking...so I used to ride with mine on my back. It was only a weird feeling on I-95. :D

I made sure the head cover was zipped...no open bag for those rides. :eek:

(I wore my Alpinestars leather suit and changed at the course, and the golf clothes were in the golf bag...pulling up into the club parking lot got me plenty of WTF's!!)

scottn likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You definitely need to rock the "Motorcycles, cuz golf is for pussies" bumpersticker. :D

4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Over pants. Have a pair of Speed&Strength that do the job fine. I do question the removable vent panel going across the part of your back you'll likely be sliding on.

If it's raining you're not going to be golfing anyways. Or wear a set of frog toggs over your gear.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Can you send me a link to the ones you have if you don't mind? All I'm seeing when I filter on "overpants" is basically rain focused overpants.

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I have a pair of the FirsdGear Ht Over pants that have worked well for me the last 10+years. I cant say how they crash but they are about the most versatile pants on the market and as long as you like black do a great job. Full zips on both sides make getting in /out easy w/ boots still on and with the WP liner they make for great winter/fall gear too.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have an old pair of Joe Rocket Phoenix pants I will sell you in size Large. Great condition. The armor could be better, but I think you can upgrade it with Forcefield if you want. They are too short for my 34" inseam and on the too big side at that (32-33" waist). They come in short and regular now (only one length when I got mine), so maybe I should look at trying a pair of the Medium Regular. In all honesty wearing both the shorts and these, I am almost as comfortable in a pair of kevlar lined jeans with armor. Mine an an older version of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U37FOFG?tag=sa-sym-new-20&linkCode=osi&th=1

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I don't think he needs all that, he's wearing Bermuda shorts and flip-flops. :D

9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Looks like S&S have killed off anything like these pants. This is a link to the discontinued ones I have. They are great. Easy to get on-off with the boot zipper going up to your knee. But if you look at the backside picture, you can see the "U" shaped piece that is removed for extra venting, and how it takes material away from a spot I would want to have a bit more than just mesh.

http://www.bikerperformance.com/speed-strength-coast-is-clear-textile-pants-black-p5940.html

Paging through Revzilla, looks like there's still plenty of options out there.

10. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Start something new..Endurance Golfing. ATGATTG

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I hear ya...btdt and finally bit the bullet...should have done it decades ago. Great thing is...the suit can be altered as you lose weight...lol No excuse not to really....

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Do they have hip pads? That’s a requirement for any street pants I own. If the answer is yes, and he doesn’t take them, then I will.

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

They do but they are not awe inspiring. SD card for scale.
    hip pad 4.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  14. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

PM sent

15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

You can try to be as cool as me. I wear parachute pants I bought when I worked at Bally's total fitness in like 2002. Slides on and off over my shorts easy peasy, blocks all heat coming from the fairings, and I look cool AF in them.

16. SuddenBraking

We've got similar inseams but I think I may go back for seconds a bit more than you do :p

17. SuddenBraking

That's kinda what I'm looking for - some MC Hammer jammies that people could point and laugh at, but "at least I'm not riding in shorts".

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

They are harder to find then you might think. I can't find more, thankfully my two pair have lasted this long.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

As stated the pants are decent, and the new ones I pointed out on Amazon would probably fit you (Size chart says the regular are 34" inseam). If base CE armor is good enough for you then you wouldn't need the Forcefield upgrades and they should get the job done for a summer riding option. The large were a good fit over my shorts when I was a 34-35" waist.

Alternative might be something like these. Give STG a call and they should be able to hook you up with something that works.
    https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/rs-taichi-rsy251-crossover-mesh-riding-pants/