1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overheating 2005 Ford Ranger 2.3L

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, Jul 6, 2022.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yes sir.

Call if you like.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Yes sir, started my own HVAC business, single employee (me) lol so it's been busy. Prescott is absolutely gorgeous and I am loving it here. We get a small amount of snow in the winter though, which I know you hate.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

We're going to continue fixing it until it's all the way broken!

JBall and beac83 like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So I have no idea if it would help, but my son-in-law to be, next month, works for a decent sized HVAC company in Dallas. He does estimates and quotes I think he is involved on bigger commercial deals, and his brother works for a HVAC manufacturer up in Minneapolis area. Anyway, if there is anyway they could help you, I can get you the contact info.

Glad you started your own business and hope it works out well for you. I'm really happy at this point, that I bought my own business. I just can't wait until I make as much money here as I used to working for others. The biggest problem is, I could sell one deal in software that is more gross money than my entire company generates in a year. So, I just need to hire more people and get bigger.

If you can, PLEASE get yourself into position to buy a building. When I was looking to buy a business, most all the owners of the businesses owned the building they were in. The building was worth more money than the business. In my case they wanted 4 times more for the building than the asking price for the business.

I bought the business in 2005 and had to pay that 10 year loan off. I managed to buy the building in 2013, by pulling the down payment money out of my house. If I wasn't paying the business loan off, like you are not, I may have been able to save enough to not pull equity out of my home. However I'm glad I did, because I probably made more in real estate than I did running the business and you might as well buy the building in a LLC and pay rent to yourself, which pays the mortgage on the building.

It took me a long time. I was 49 years old by the time I bought that building. So it doesn't need to come overnight, but that building will help give you security and that becomes your retirement. There are also a lot of tax advantages, so you lower your effective tax rate down.

SBA has a couple of different loan programs for this kind of stuff. They get you on the fees. I think mine was about $60K in fees, but it was the only way to get a real estate loan, for a small business, with only 10% down.

Feel free to call or PM me anytime to talk about business. Also, I'm sure you know, @JBraun owns his own HVAC company. He is smarter than me, and has done well enough to play all the time in California, while his partner slaves away in Wisconsin. :D

Actually that isn't entirely true, but sounds funny!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    Gino230, JBraun, YamahaRick and 3 others like this.
  5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Great advice here!

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Daikin? They make nice products!

7. Boman Forklift

I think that is it, he told me they were very high quality products.

I couldn’t remember the name. I believe he is an engineer with them, only met him one time, but seems like a great guy.

8. socalrider

Daikin is a great product, I've worked with them extensively back when I was commercial HVAC in San Diego. Even did their very first water sourced VRF system in California. (Probably only Jbraun will know what that means) but so far the customers I'm getting out here are not looking for premium equipment, they want cheap and working. :D it's summer so most of my calls are to fix an AC that hasn't been maintained since last summer.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Or at all as is often the case.

cav115 likes this.
  10. socalrider

Indeed. Some stuff I find is appalling, but hey fixing their issue is what I'm there for. Selling maintenance work seems easy and I've gotten a few to agree already. Change Your Filters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’m in lake havasu for the summer , I notice a big need for hvac people here .... it doesn’t seem like there’s a “big” or “primary” co that has a strangle hold on the market ..... same with pool cleaning ... it’s got me thinking . Seems like lots of opportunities in Sedona Prescott havasu sized towns ....

12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Daikin was my last company. (parent of the division I worked for) The Japanese make a solid product in about everything they manufacture.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Shark is my favorite animal.

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Go shove some conduit up your ass

16. Tristan

Damn, if you'd only worked a properly used "they're" into the sentence it would have been a beeb first.

17. Boman Forklift

Can you imagine how good RV's and Toyhaulers would be if they were made in Japan.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Dat vas a goooood von!!!! Spoken in Arnold's voice.

cav115 likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

So like I’m sure @cav115 and @turner38 figured, it was the sensor. In mine it is a CHT sensor. Evidently it doesn’t have a true water sensor. I wasted some time trying to find the water temp sensor that some models with the same 2.3L, 4 banger, have stuffed between the head and the firewall.

Ford or the aftermarket changed the sensor design and the first one they gave me was wrong. Ends up I had to rewire the harness for the new sensor but it appears to work. Left early and drove 85-90 a lot of the way this morning as a test and she ran perfectly @Tristan

19. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Well that was a adventure. Glad it is now resolved. Chasing bad/incorrect parts definitely will test ones patience.

20. Tristan

Good!

Boman Forklift and cav115 like this.