1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

our national debt?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Fuck student loan forgiveness...how about Taxpayer forgiveness on the debt owned and out of control spending.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The best defense is......?

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Getting rid of all liberals.

4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

And you never proved to me what the Constitution mandates paying for. Because you can't.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Congress is also required to pass a budget. They have been a bit remiss in their responsibility. The founders probably didn't anticipate congressional abdication of responsibilities. The definition of General Welfare has been seriously stretched.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  6. auminer

Sure thing. :rolleyes:

Our rampant military spending might be a bit overboard, but the last time we fought a war on our own turf was over 150 years ago, and it was against ourselves.

Sure the second amendment has a little something to do with that, but still a hallmark of a pretty fuckin good common defense, I'd say. :beer:

7. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

My response to the op, Take your money and buy yourself a nice hunk of fine silver, or gold. Silver was down in the $14 per oz range not long ago. That was a good time to pick up a few oz. just in case the dollar ever completely collapses.

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

While not a state, I am pretty sure Pearl Harbor and Midway were US territories, also known as our own turf.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Midway not our own soil, Pearl Harbor we didn't do much in the way of fighting.

10. auminer

Neither involved the boots of invaders touching US soil. Whether or not Yamamoto actually said it, any military leader assigned with invading the MAINLAND :rolleyes: United States would have to recognize that there would be 'an American with a rifle behind every blade of grass'.

That is until the anti 2A shitheads eventually get their way.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Here is one for the historians: where were the only WWII fatal attacks that occurred within the United States (non-territories)?

12. auminer

Wild guess: Japanese internment camps.

13. dsapsis

Attack as in from a stated and identified (see: declaration of war) enemy.

Indeed we killed our own many times over.

14. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Japanese balloon bombs. Lived in Oregon for a while as a kid a learned it in school.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup. This

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Japanese balloon bombs or the Germans that came in on Long Island is my guess. I think the Germans killed someone on the beach, home guard maybe?

17. dsapsis

Late in the war, out in the Fremont NF east of K-Falls. Unexploded ordinance triggered by group who wondered off from a broken down car. Five dead.
    The Fremont ( now, the Winema-Fremont) is a pretty forest largely devoid of humans. I’d post a recent pic but they are too large.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay yeah, I do remember hearing about that.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

When did Alaska become a state?
    Not that facts have ever been your thing.

auminer likes this.