1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT - Concealed Carry guys - recommendations (again)?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThrottleJock, Sep 19, 2008.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

How many Kimbers do you own? And how many Springfields do you own? I have em' both and I prefer the Kimbers.

Harley Davidson my ass.

2. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Not to thread jack here, but i'm in a gun buying delima for the wife. A hammerless 38 would be ideal, but we need something with a safety. My twin daughters know about guns but i'm afraid they will get a little too interested if they find it and start squeezing. What type of safety on the taurus pt111?

3. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

That is nice! :clap:

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

My dad bought a S&W 5 shot hammerless revolver .38 cal. the thing fits it you pocket, and shoots great. I will be getting one for myself very soon.

5. This is a joke, right? You don't really think an easily-defeatable safety will make a gun "safe" from curious children, do you?

If you can't be absolutely 100% sure your child won't play with a found gun, the gun needs to be unloaded and locked up.

6. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

i heart my springfield armory xd-40cal...

small, very reasonable price, accruate, and a .40

7. davegsxrold929r

davegsxrold929r Well-Known Member

I have the Kel-Tec .32 and love it to death.....

I have glocks, smiths, rugars., but this is all I would carry...

I would like to get a new one in .380 sometime..

8. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Not a joke :rolleyes: I have been a gun owner for quite a while and am quite aware of all the safety issues in regards to children. Can you answer the safety question about the taurus pt111?

9. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

10. I'm glad to know that, but you sure aren't demonstrating your awareness by making comments about your children finding guns and "squeezing" them. :rolleyes:

Yes I can. The safety on the Taurus can be defeated by any child with fingers.

It also has a long trigger pull, so if your wife's trigger finger is short or not strong, it won't be a good choice for her.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  11. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Point taken, could have been worded differently. And any safety can be defeated by anyone with fingers, good call on that one. :up:

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Since pics have been posted... :D

[​IMG]

And here is a .380 vs 9mm Para vs .45ACP

[​IMG]

13. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Good info, thanks! Too lazy to search today..

14. keg0900

keg0900 none ya

I can bring you my kel-tec to look at it has no safety but once you pull the trigger you can see it would be hard to shoot it on accident. sure it could be but its got a long pull and gets harder towards the end. WOW that sounded bad

never mind you cant pull my trigger.

15. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

You know you want me too :D

16. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I have the kel-tec 380 with crimson laser that always carry. It works well. I also have a Kel Tec PF9, and the PF11. Both are good. I have a Bursa thunder 380 and my wife has a S&W airweight 38 with a crimson laser. Both good guns.

If i were not going to carry all the time I would use my M&P 40 compact. It is usually in the car and the Kel-Tec 380 in my pocket.

I do like my Kimber best just a little large to haul around for only 8 shots.

17. sdg

sdg *

Same with my ex's Colt Pony - Not much fun to shoot, but that's not the point.

18. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Don't bother with the 380, go big or get dead...

My carry of choice, XD .45acp service, you can get all the xds in a compact (short grip) model as well...

[​IMG]

Not the cheapest, but not very pricey either..Mine was 475 new..

19. Small gun in your pocket beats big gun you left in the car :)

20. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Add another P3AT fan. Like the others have said, it's really easy to conceal and carry.