1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orlando peeps. Restaurant suggestions?!.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jul 29, 2021.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not looking for 5 star necessarily, but any good local joints that the kids and I can Uber to tomorrow night? Tired of theme park and resort quality food.

Burgers
    Dogs
    Steak
    Whatever else ya got. No wrong answers.

Thanks

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Charley's for steaks

On I drive pricey but worth it.

3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Buca Di Beppo Italian restaurant is pretty good, large portion meals that you share with your family.

4. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

5. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

rocco's tacos

cpettit, DucatiBomber and spcassell like this.
  6. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Bad Ass sandwiches, over on Primrose Dr. Yes, that's the name of the spot lol.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to suggest an Indian place I hit every time I hit Orlando but kids, Indian food and long days at parks do not mix well for parents (but can be high-larious for others).

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Zaza cuban.
    Girodanos for big ass chicago pizza

9. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

SoCo in downtown for steak

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go for a Cuban sammich.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, he's talking Orlando not Miami. In Orlando he'll get a bad carbon copy of a cuban sandwich.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There are good places in central FL including Orlando (Vega's was great, but it closed when the founder passed). We used to drive from Lakeland to Ybor City to grab some at The Silver Ring when I was a kid. The Columbia Restaurant in St. Augustine (original was in Tampa) is good as well.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  13. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Not sure how far you're looking to Uber, but one of the best steaks I have ever had is Christner's Prime Steak & Lobster. About 30 minutes from the Disney area.

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I love how a guy somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 years old is recommending a place he used to go to when he was a kid :crackup:I thought I was the only one who does that . :D

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

True, but you don't have to go to Miami to get a good Cuban sammich.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  17. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yep .. there is one in Citrus county near my place in Crystal River

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Numero Uno Cuban Restaurant. I was just there this evening because someone recommended it. Nothing special though. It's small, cheap but food was good. They have no alcoholic drinks besides beer and wine. I have yet to find a really good cuban place in the Orlando area. You pretty much have to go closer to Miami for that. Plenty of average cuban places though, especially lunch kind of places, but not many good dinner spots.

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Most of the best restaurants in town are in the parks or resort hotels. Pretty much eaten at every single sit down in all the parks. And many of the previous ones that are really missed.
    There are some cool themed restaurants in Orlando just due to the volume of tourism but they can be hectic.
    Visitorlando website has a rundown of local places and deals
    Kids favorites are Coral Reef in Epcot or Sharks Underwater Grill in SeaWorld due to the aquariums.

20. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

NYPD Pizza. They have a location on Universal Blvd behind the convention center. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, wings and salads. Decent beer and wine selection. Solid food and reasonable prices. We hit it when we were at Universal this spring and my kid was happy. I’ve been eating there for years when I am in town for shows. Cheap place to feed a tradeshow booth staff. There is also a Publix in the same strip.