1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opioid Crisis??

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No Really WTF?? SMFkrs act like this shit is something new...world is full of people looking for excuses...excuses to get high, escape pain, make money...Epidemic?? No...it is Darwin's Law.

cav115 and Uncle Snake like this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

big pharma is getting shook down!!

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

More like Murphy's Law...

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

In the words of Mick Foley......"take the pain, and like it."

5. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Its big here. Had an od death 5 houses down about 2 yrs ago. Local fb scanner page has a bunch of OD calls posted every weekend. Hell the idiots are now od'ing in the hospital parking lots.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Filed under it's called DOPE for a reason,
    And everyone knows why...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  7. Woofentino Pugr

Never understood the need to get 'high' on drugs.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I totally agree. A person must really hate their lives to justify deciding that getting high and screwing themselves up is the thing to do. What I really don't like about the whole thing is watching the families of those dopers suffer because of the feeling of helplessness while watching their loved one go down the tubes.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Y'all drink?

sheepofblue, JBraun and SnacktimeKC like this.
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Utah has one of the highest opiod abuse and death rates in the country. It's so bad they have street/freeway signs everywhere for treatment and help centers . I watched a guy OD at a bar one night.

It's funny watching people freak out not knowing what to do.

11. Woofentino Pugr

Nope (I'll have 1 beer once in a blue moon). Never been drunk either.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can complain.

scottn likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you're that one guy in Wischeezland... :D

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yes, I drink beer and whiskey...
    I don't get fucked up.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Druggie

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

My brother OD'd on heroin last October. He was a college graduate (criminal justice) and a great father to my nephew.

I've given up trying to understand the "why's." As somebody who has never had to urge to try drugs and never will, it is not something I can comprehend.

What I do know is that, talking with many of my first-responder/paramedic/firefighter friends, it IS indeed an epidemic.

JBraun likes this.
  17. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Here in TN, its getting some attention as well. We were (don't know if its still the case) the 2nd highest in number of patients with opioid-based prescriptions. The overdose related deaths jumped something like 10% in a year here. Some of it is focused on so-call "pain clinics" and doctors that commonly or over-prescribe opioid based medications. Its not just the heroin addicts anymore.

SnacktimeKC likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I used to be pretty black and white on this issue. I.E. put a big bowl out in town square, and let the problem sort itself out. After having had a Cousin recently od on fentanyl laced cocaine, I realize the problem isn't as black and white as I thought, and there is a massive grey area with regards to solving this. I don't know what that is, don't have the first clue actually, but IMO it's not so black and white anymore.

CMRA 270 likes this.
  19. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Not patting any of us on our collective backs, but I'd say every paddock is literally full of "banked" opioids for the ride home in case of a crash. I'm deadly scared of that stuff; not because I like to get high (I don't) but because I don't want to depend on it to get up every day. Unfortunately, I've got some solid experience with pain after shattered back, temporary paralysis and rods and screws to correct. Hurts every day. Like a bitch, hurts every day...and I'm more than happy to experience it. If it gets bad; advil. Opioids to feel better? FUCK NO....

LED1975 likes this.
  20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Takes one to Know one... I quit drinking Whiskey for 21yrs... until my boys were grown.. and they never saw me drink more than 2 beers, until they were 21... My Father was an alcoholic for 52yrs right up until he died.

I have been broke up a few times and still refuse to give into to the pain, depression or fear.

Addiction isn't a Disease, it is a Desire that is Fed by the Owner.

CMRA 270 and auminer like this.