1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One on one rider coaching

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gmay99, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

sounds like a plateau to me :D

jeffr1ey likes this.
  2. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

Hitting a plateau is one issue, as soon as our calendars coincide I will be paying you to help me get back up to speed after a loooooong layoff from sprint racing! It will happen and I can't imagine a better coach. Thx Geoff

3. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Can't wait. Just let me know

4. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

5. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Good opportunity for anyone looking to up there game, the next few weekends. Road Atlanta august 6 and 7. Talladega August 12th. Or Barber 13th and 14th

wanderlust likes this.
  6. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

Will you be at Road Atlanta for the WERA round Sept 9th - 11th? I'd like to shave a few more seconds off my lap times.

7. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

There is a sportbike tracktime next weekend. Aug 6-7 would be a great time to shave those seconds. I might be at Moto America that weekend of sept

8. wanderlust

wanderlust Well-Known Member

I'll be in Denver next weekend for work. My schedule is pretty tight with work. If I can catch up with you at the track sometime, that would be great...anytime I get to a track day or race I'll PM you and perhaps we can get something figured out.

9. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Absolutely

10. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

I've got an opening for Saturday at barber this Saturday. I had a cancelation if anyone is interested.

11. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

I've been working with Geoff since RRR in April and the results speak for themselves. I've set PB lap-times at every track each time I've raced. For example, I've improved my PB at Tally by approx 2.5 secs per lap over two race weekends.

I think The things that separate Geoff from other coaches iIve worked with are 1) he's at the same track you are at the same time under the same conditions 2) he isn't splitting his time between a large number of students so he is able to provide personalized feedback. 3) he explains"why" in a way that makes sense to me allowing me to apply the knowledge more broadly to other tracks/ situations.

I imagine the West Coast guys are a bit spoiled having Ken Hill available to do what Geoff is doing in the Southeast.

For me it has been a worthwhile investment to improve my riding.

SlvrR and Phl218 like this.
  12. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

And.... Before someone flames this thread because I mentioned Geoff and Ken in the same post. Don't read something into it that isn't there.

Phl218 and Gmay99 like this.
  13. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Looks like I might be able to coach at barber the weekend before the gnf. Anyone interested?

14. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

I will be at road Atlanta saturday. If anyone is interested in a session

15. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Barber?

16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

PM price please.
    Also do you ever come out west? What would you need in order to be flown somewhere to coach?

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Geoff, I'm going to be at Jennings 2/11-13. Any chance you'd be around for a day? Pm me details if so.
    Thanks
    Chris

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Season opener '17 Tally?

19. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Possibly. I'll know as it gets a little closer

20. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident I'll be there

Phl218 likes this.