1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of the coolest gifts I have received

Discussion in 'General' started by slimjim00, Aug 14, 2018.

1. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1993 Yamaha WaveBlaster

A friend of my family has been trying to sell a built but blown up Waveblaster for the past five years or so. Last Tuesday he called me and asked "Hey, you still interested in racing skis? I've got something for you." Wednesday night I picked up this bad boy and found an engine to drop in and go! Engine should be arriving today so I can start installing it. The plan is to ride it for the remainder of the summer with the stock-ish drop in engine then start building it to Sport Stock specs for the 2019 Pro Watercross season. Planning on having a stupid amount of fun on this thing, thanks Chapin!

tony 340, TurboBlew and dtalbott like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

psst, hey man, there's a flatbiller stealing part of your gutter back yonder. Might want to call the cops or some shit.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Races at Hartwell were this last weekend.... If you need a hand with it let me know.. We still hit the Buoys up at Lanier Beach South every Sun AM.....

4. slimjim00

I still remember you from the days when I was building 650SX's! :D

I wasn't able to watch the races in person this weekend but I did keep the youtube livestream up the entire time. Looked like good competition in the Sport classes. I have a place on Oconee but would love to hit Lanier with ya'll sometimes. The blown up engine in this was a 61X, 62T engine will be here today complete with carbs. Gonna make the 62T engine work for the remainder of the season and then get my 61X topend bored to spec so I can get the race engine ready.

5. slimjim00

Nah man, that's the mechanic!

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I ride with some guys that are Blaster Die Hard's.... They have 1100 triples in a couple of them... You should come on up sometime... I will be at Tally this weekend but will be there every weekend until MotoAmerica at Barber....

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

OMG, it's the Panty Dropper !

[​IMG]

Cool gift :D

rugbymook, E Reed, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Don't forget the 62t's and 64x cylinders have 10mm bolts for the exhaust manifold vs the 8mm for 61x cylinders. Some heli coils make quick work of the issue.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

10. slimjim00

Yes sir already have that covered, I believe my little bro is using timecerts to make it work. Now I can mount up the fancy aftermarket exhaust that came with the ski too!

11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I finally rode one of these things a couple weeks ago for the first time. I've always been into standup, sit to pee blah blah blah. Its was actually super cool, just hard to re-mount lol.