1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once a cheater, always a cheater? (NC Voter Fraud)

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 27, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

"Three voters testified in sworn affidavits that they had filled out their absentee ballots and then given them to a person who came to their house and promised to deliver the ballots to state officials to be counted.

Bruno checked public voting records and found that none of those voters had actually had their ballots counted."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ina-9th-district-election-voter-fraud-hearing

Fencer likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Shit like that shouldn't be allowed anyway. If you want to vote...you need to be present on voting day unless you are in the military and on active deployment with bullets flying. Otherwise get off your lazy ass and head on down to the voting locations closest to you.

K51000, Shenanigans, crashman and 3 others like this.
  3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Why? The concept of a "voting day" and "voting locations" are an antiquated notion borne of more primitive infrastructure and technology. Democratic participation must (carefully) adapt to new social and technological paradigms just as everything else must to stay relevant. People will cheat regardless of what interface they use to do it.

4. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Because, as we have learned, the more opportunities available to cheat the process, the more cheating will take place, and the system fails worse than it already does. Please don't tell me you think ANYTHING available to the general public is actually "secure" enough for an election. People bitch about wanting to do their "civic duty" but make absolutely no effort to do so. Show up, prove your identity, and vote.

bbsteinnewyork likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Racist.

:rolleyes:

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's the voter's fault the Republican committed voter fraud. Got it.

(Am from NC and currently in NC and very familiar with the area this took place and it's history.)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought dems were the only ones committing fraud?

bbsteinnewyork and BigBird like this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not saying this is the case here, but lots of tactics opened up by the left are now being used by both sides. Voter registration fraud and absentee ballot manipulation seem to be the most recent. Dems make a standard practice of rounding up voters and taking them to polls IF they're sure they'll vote D.

9. Venom51

Did I say it was the voters. fault. What I said was you shouldn't be allowed to hand your ballot to someone else to turn in for you. That opens the door for cheating to happen. But foolish me I think you should want to know that your vote is being counted accurately and not being manipulated into favoring one party or the other in a way you didn't intend. I mean for fucks sake people routinely show you that you can't trust them as far as you can throw them and you are just going to hand your ballot off to someone that just walked up and knocked on the door like a Jehovah's witness. Foolish to even open the door.

K51000 likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So foolish even, that it's not too far from the realm of possibility to think the whole thing is a setup?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So now the Republican who fostered the voter fraud is a victim? This is amazing.

SuddenBraking and BigBird like this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is it so hard to imagine that dems would run a false flag operation as insurance to undermine a republican win?

13. Venom51

Is that what you gathered from what I said. If it is then I can't help you. My position is that you should want your vote to be counted accurately regardless of which letter is listed after the name of the lying shit sack for which you cast it. For me that doesn't involve handing my ballot to whoever walked up to the door because I couldn't be bothered to head on down on election day.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it meant potentially not turning in votes for their own candidate - absolutely. But overall you're giving all of these people way too much credit. They're just not that smart.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Probably, but they do make test runs in these small races to see how things pan out and what they can get away with. It seems like every single election more and more shady activity comes to light. The people involved in that shady Florida election should be in prison, but it's just faded away from the limelight hasn't it?

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Johnny, tell him what he's won :D

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...margin-of-all-time.356878/page-8#post-5442350

Mcrae also talked about doing this two years ago after he claimed voter fraud by democrats. NPR has recordings of him talking about it from the meetings where his claim was dismissed.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

There is a reason the ABC stores are (or used to be) closed in NC on election day.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version