1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, so CCS isn't the only organization with ridiculous Rulebook....

Discussion in 'General' started by CB186, Feb 20, 2018.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

So a local gun club is going to have 22lr matches that are like mini Precision Rifle Shooting matches, but only 25-100 yards. They are following NRL22 rules. The Base class limits rifles to $350msrp or less, and no modification. Well, except for a little addendum loophole. Apparently if the most basic version in a model line is under $350, then all model(including $600+ Target models) are legal for the class. Of course a brand that their base model cost $389 is excluded.

Am I the only one that finds this idiotic?

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Check out the new USPSA "Production" rules. It's basically Limited 10 minor now. Always something wacky with shooting sports. Wilson Combat seems to have really messed up IDPA over the years with various rule changes that fit their guns specifically.

3. The rules are written by the serious shooters to favor the serious shooters. Same as it ever was.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just another builders class for the marginally slow racer...errr, marksman. :D

5. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

My first thought was they made the rule of 25-100 yards to keep J7O from taking all the little kids money because he's only good at precision shooting from 10 yards away. :crackup:

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, I'm sure it was written/addendumed by/for guys with Target models sitting in the safe that wanted to have a leg up on a lower class and didn't want to compete in Open class.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm sounds like the typical LWT class. LOL.

pscook, Lawn Dart and Phl218 like this.
  8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That reminds me of a story. Mid 2000's and I attended a CRA rules committee meeting. Members gather after the season to propose and vote on rule recommendations to present to the BOD. Well, this is an ideal place for all the old fzr400 & 600 type guys to try and make up rules to get there piles of shit moved to lower and lower classes to try and get a plaque. Well one of them proposes something along the lines of non ram air 750cc inline for Middleweight Sportsman class(clunker class). I keep my mouth shut and they pass it. I then congratulate them on letting the R7 in(I wasn't 100% sure if it had ram air or not, but I thought not). You should have seen them scramble to figure out how to modify that proposal! LOL.

CRA_Fizzer, RichB, Lawn Dart and 4 others like this.
  9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

What CCS rules dont you like?

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

To be honest, I haven't read it in years, but their SS "rules" were silly. Ever heard of Ed Key?

Scotty87, 5axis and G 97 like this.
  11. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I bought my blank 10/22 receiver for $79, but I added a few mods, those sound like some stupid rules. Can you put a S&B on top of it? :)

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Scope limit of $700 msrp. Should be lower, but because you can use a $350 gun that actually costs $650, a $700 scope makes sense. :rtfrb:

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yes I have heard of his SVs

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

SuperSport baby!

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

His "one-off Franken-Bikes" with scratch-built parts? They seemed like they might've pushed the boundaries a teeny bit.

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

But they were legal. Thusly my thread title.

17. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

So it sounds like they are allowing 10/22 T models into that class? Has someone found a way to tune out the "first round fliers" that typically plague 10/22 variants?

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm not sure on the flier thing. I was just considering shooting the events and my daughter too, if she wanted. So I started looking to see what would be a good gun for the Base class. I have a CZ Varmit in 17hmr and can buy a 22lr barrel for under $200, but no CZs are legal. I found a forum where they were talking about the loophole to allow any of the upper level models in if a basic model falls under $350.

http://nrl22.org/about/rules/

Read the rules and then the addendum at the very bottom.

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Are the rules the same for everyone?

If so, then what's the problem? It's an even playing field.

busa99 and MELK-MAN like this.
  20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

There is a "Base" class and "Open" class. Base class is stock guns $350msrp or less. I don't want have to buy a $650 gun to be competitive. Its just something I thought would be fun, but add a scope in there and its north of $1k. Not worth it.
    Apparently they are talking about correcting the rules to how they are written without the addendum, for next year. Of course it sounds like this is their first season....