1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil leak oil pan AND water leak through oil pan screw

Discussion in 'Tech' started by François, Jul 19, 2017.

1. François

François Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure, I have been struggling with this for two weeks now. Oil only leaks from the oil pan just in the zone where you see the photos. Everywhere else has no leaks.

The screw I circled leaks out water for some reason I would unscrew it, check it, the screw is dry where the threading is.

I took out the oil pan, re-sealed the oil pan with the recommended liquid gasket.

Still does the same.. I am lost

Cause I checked both the oil and coolant, drained it, and there was no mixing in neither

All the coolant hoses has no crack or leaks.

Where the water pump and the block meets has no leak either

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I don't see any photos?

3. François

Sorry couldn't upload photo. The damn photo won't allow. Give me a second

4. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

IDK if you have checked yet, but some screws can be threaded into "through" holes which can go into a coolant passage.
    These screws will require a sealing washer under the head of the screw while all other screws will not require the washer.
    Edit: I see that you've removed the screw already so that's not going to be the issue....

5. François

I'm not sure if there is a seal under that specific one. It would be really different.. I don't recall at all.

I'm gonna remove and redo the whole pan again.. I will update again later tonight