1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil injection lines

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Repeater, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

So how we make them? I saw dude selling something on eBay a while ago that was supposed to work. no complete lines just the ball and spring and fitting.

what happens when these fail? Mine are 40 years old.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

You should ditch them, and go to pre-mix.

3. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

+1. For a road bike where you're filling up at a gas station, injector pumps are great. For a dedicated race bike that you're filling up from a gas can anyway, go with the premix.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  4. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Mu engine builder prefers them. allot of crank work to go premix. I asked.

5. DonTZ125

? This makes no sense to me. Crank work is normally needed because the engine is going to be worked harder and rev'd higher; this normally means a race bike, which in turn means premix.

6. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I'll ask again Roy Gibson is the builder found.

7. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you have a Suzuki 2-stroke motor with direct injection onto the crank as well as into the cylinders. I had a GT750 water buffalo with this arrangement. Some crank work was necessary if you wanted to go premix to compensate for not injecting onto the crank. Those injection lines are getting hard to source. You can get used on eBay but there's no guarantees on the banjo & non-return valve operation. I have gently (compressed air is too severe) squirted medicinal alcohol into the lines which can help free up a stuck non-return valve. There's a ton of info on this topic on this forum:
    http://www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/
    There was an attempt to make replacements but have lost touch with all of this since I sold the GT.
    Hope this helps!

8. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I have one working set and one set that weeps. Gonna start looking for a work around and keep them. It’s going to race a couple of times maybe. Mostly a project I can ride to the mountains and coffee shop.

9. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I’m going to push for the line delete. I don’t mind mixing later. These lines are to hard to get and getting harder.

If he has a couple spare sets I’ll keep them.

10. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

lines= yam don't need em, kaw and suz you do. I had my H1 crank rebuilt so I can do premix, rods and seals etc $900. when I raced my GT500 I had the pump set a little past idle and premixed too 40-1. didn't have a problem with that.

11. DonTZ125

Ok, I'm dying to know what was so special / wierd about Kawi and Zook 2T cranks that you couldn't run premix. Were the bearings sealed? TZ and RS crank bearings are wide open, to allow that oily goodness access to the balls and rollers.

12. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

the kaw triples will run. for a few miles that is, early 70’s H1r and H2r had pumps attached . most people i know use them.dont know if suz tr5 and tr11 used pumps. charley from md built my crank for non pump use. i think he uses yam slotted rods and different seals . says it will run w/o pump. if the tracks ever open i guess we’ll find out. if the op wants to go pumpless , go pumpless , maybe its all some sort of myth.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think the right crank bearing on the T500 is sealed to help keep primary drive oil out of the right crankcase. I believe you can make a slight case mod and an unsealed bearing to just run pre-mix. I don't remember the details.

14. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

15. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Nice stuff! Gonna browser for some hours.

16. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Bummer not much for my bike. Mostly Yams and Kwaks.

galloway840 likes this.