1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OHVALE GP-0

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Nov 16, 2018.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Because it deserves it's own thread.

I saw the bikes in person at EICMA and was very impressed. Who has had a chance to ride one?

[​IMG]

2. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Saw Herrin on one at NJMP. They look bad ass, I heard they were crazy expensive.

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I saw the RRW article today. Great to hear that we have a good U.S. distributor in Rise Moto. I really hope these bikes take off and we can more kids out there (not to mention a bunch of grown ass men banging bars).

5. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Broome will end up just buying all of them .

6. alan

alan Well-Known Member

7. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Herrin just posted a video of him ripping on one on YouTube. Search for his channel

Really glad to see another platform for the youth to come up on. It looks like an awesome bike.

Not sure I’d drop 6k for what would be to me a “play bike”. Also wish they made one slightly larger 12” or 17” wheels. This thing looks like a big pocket bike.

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing KMC!

Yes, myself and a business partner founded Rise Moto, the US importer for Ohvale.

We’re working on a ton of cool stuff for 2019 and into 2020 alongside all the mini-racing organizations around the country and MotoAmerica... We are doing this for the progression and growth of the sport we all love.

For anyone doubting their ability to fit on one...please get out and try it first. You’d be surprised. Chris Ulrich rode them for almost 5 hours with us and he’s not a small guy.

TheGrouchyCat and G Dawg like this.
  9. gpstar748

I’ll repost this here for everyone’s information and some of my thoughts on what Ohvale brings to the USA...

Yzasserina, Kyle Brosius and scottn like this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Brandon, have you run them at Sandy Hook yet? Just curious.

11. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I met with the owner of the company and the marketing manager at EICMA last year and suggested they find a way to bring these into the US.
    I’m glad to see that you guys jumped on it...!

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well this is pretty cool.

13. gpstar748

Yes I rode a 190 there at their last event of the season last Saturday.

I had never ridden there before (surprisingly) and was within two-tenths of the winners time on his 150R. Considering it was my first time there and I only had about 10 laps before the race I’d say these are class killers on that track!

Super fun little track and awesome riding the 190 there

Phl218 likes this.
  14. What exactly are the specs?

HP to weight ratio?

Can they be made street legal?

15. gpstar748

The 190 has around 24HP at the crank and weighs 150 pounds wet. So there isn’t much out there in the mini-world that’s comparable.

They are not currently able to be made street legal but we’re working on that... however, these are proper race bikes and wouldn’t really be suited for the street

16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You should bring one down to CMP during the winter for one of our kart track trackdays, nothing sells bikes like watching someone have fun on one on the track

17. gpstar748

Yea we’ll be getting around to events like that around the country as we are able. We just sold one to guy in NC so he may be out there with it.

noles19 likes this.
  18. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Brandon, do you know the top speed for each model?

19. gpstar748

We’ve never gotten top speed data as we’d also have to change the gearing and run them on a big track.

Herrin had our 190 over 70mph on the kart track at NJMP on the one straight but it wasn’t topped out and had stock gearing.