1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins nix30 noise

Discussion in 'Tech' started by brl0301, Feb 9, 2017.

1. brl0301

brl0301 Well-Known Member

I installed a ohlins 30mm kit in my rsv4. I bled the carts until there was consistent resistance throughout the stroke and then set the oil level per the manual at 150mm. Both on and off the bike, the forks are making a loud suction or whooshing noise if the forks are compressed quickly enough. The compression leg makes the noise on compression and the rebound on rebound. Is this normal or did I screw something up during the install? Thanks in advance for any help

2. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I have the same cartridges in my ZX10 and they make the same noise when bounced. I was told that it's normal by a few different people so I never really looked into it any further. They seem to work fine, but I'm not a suspension guru.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Normal.

4. brl0301

brl0301 Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks for the replies. Makes me feel better. Was worried they maybe weren't bled completely

5. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It's actually difficult to get air in those once you exercise them. Some other brands are more vexing.

6. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Yea mine does it too. If you run the dials in to stiffen everything up it slows the fluid and it goes away. So I think it's just moving so much fluid you hear it.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I asked the same questions when I installed my first set of aftermarket cart on my gsxr-1000 (AK-20s). I'll tell you what I was told back then on this very BBS....

"Its the sound of PERFORMANCE."

:crackup: