1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins 25mm parts?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by some guy #2, Apr 30, 2014.

1. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Found a cut o-ring inside my 25mm kit which sits on top of the top out spring. Do I order a new one from Ohlins USA or is this just a generic rubber o ring?

It's not very apparent to me how to remove the top out spring to replace this o ring either. Any help would be appreciated.

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

Not sure on that particular o-ring, but I have called up Ohlins USA directly and ordered replacement parts for my shock before. Just have your part # and application ready, then they will be able to help get you what you need. Parts prices were very reasonable...at least for the parts I ordered.

And more to the point, I would go with the Ohlins o-ring. O-rings are usually pretty standard things, but their allowable heat range and particular chemical resistance can vary, best to go with a known good product for all the few dollars it should cost.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

O-ring or a bump rubber?

4. some guy #2

It looks like an o ring but it sits on top of the to out spring. I assume it is being used as a bump stop though.

5. some guy #2

Ohlins USA was very helpful. Any regular o ring will work (12mm ID and 4mm thick). The rebound valve is held on with loctite so I'll attempt to heat it up and break it loose.

6. some guy #2

And McMaster Carr has these bad boys in stock! The local hardware store had some close SAE ones though.

7. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I see those O-rings cut and/or out of place all the time. Yeah, buy some extras from MMC and replace at service. They are just a poorly designed bump stop.