1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio International Motorcycle Show (Cleveland)

Discussion in 'General' started by jksoft, Jan 20, 2019.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It's next weekend. Has anyone been before? Is it worth going to? Usually go to the RV show at the IMS center which is usually worth the trip, but never been to MC show.

2. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Eh, it's OK. I'll probably roll out next weekend for something to do. It usually takes me about 2 hours to walk through it. Last few years haven't been too impressive. But hell, it's bikes in the middle of winter :)

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I went once, it was much less than I expected. Usual bikes that you can see at the dealerships. Most of the gear was what I would call second rate stuff, the kind they can cut deals on to get rid of. You can probably find assless chaps if that's your thing. :eek:

Waterboy likes this.
  4. #1StreetRacer

#1StreetRacer Active Member

5. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Someone swiped my custom ear plugs, so I'll be there to get replacements. Only time the guy comes around (Fit-Ear) is for the show.

The show seems to get smaller every year. Fewer bikes, fewer good stands. Still great place to get good deals on gears and parts. Alpinestar was there with factory reps last year. Had a full line up of suits you could try on, and the prices were well discounted. Ended up buying one, and saved about $300 vs buying online. Helmet mfgs are all there in force too.

There's an after party at Skidmarks Garage Friday night (1/25) that you should consider coming out to (food, beer, live band, raffle items). Entry is free, and this is one of the fundraisers for keeping the garage open and raising funds for the high school shop class program the owner runs. I should have the VFR-SF on display for sale too. And someone might be most of the way done with their Penton build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If you have never been fitted for a helmet by a professional then it's worth a trip IMHO. Arai and Shoei are usually there (with others) and bring the latest models and are happy to help you get a perfect fit. Then sadly as less people go to the IMS shows the smaller the shows get. :(

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm going to do my part and go check it out this weekend. Also plan on stopping by the Skidmarks Garage so I may see you there @YoshiHNS .
    I'll probably skip he assless chaps though.