1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh no! What a tragedy at Road A...

Discussion in 'General' started by 2OLD2BFAST, Jun 4, 2017.

1. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Not the time or the place. I can appreciate why people are interested in what happened, but after reading Huey's post on facebook, I think it's extremely important to remember that Hazel was, first and foremost, a human being. Whatever happened may or may not be a lesson for others later, but not here, and not yet.

I didn't know her, but it sounds like the world needs more Hazels, and we're one short today :(

MikeR, TLR67 and G 97 like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Yep, the details and specifics are of very little consequence outside of the WERA and Road Atlanta admin. Let the professionals handle within their own accordingly. In addition the BBS isn't the time or place.
    RIP Hazel and thanks for looking out and helping all the racers.

TLR67 and 50Joe like this.
  3. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

sharing a photo i shot of Hazel and the plaque that hangs in the radio shack (old EV dispatch building in the background) that she had made for Jim Callihan who some of you may remember as the old guy who ran race control for various Rd. A. events and when he had riders meetings he would sometimes start them as "my name is JC, and for todays event, you can call me God" LOL! sure miss that guy too.

[​IMG]

hopefully someone @ road atlanta will also make a memorial of some sort for Hazel now.

anyway, I tried to upload this photo on Hazels Gofundme page without success so if anyone cares to try it, youre welcome to share it there too if it will let you. no photo credit to me required or wanted.

i havnt Worked for Rd. A in quite a while now and Hazel always kept me in the loop and provided me credentials for any event after i left there. she was like my big sister there and so was her sister Barbara Griffin (RIP) who many will also remember.

just too many outstanding, great memories to count with these folks. Road Atlanta will always be a special place but never the same without them.

I have other photos i will share when I find them.

Love you always Hazel

4. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Godspeed Hazel.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

One more angel watching over riders.

Prayers for peace and strength to her friends and family.

7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

[​IMG]

[​IMG]