1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Great Beeb: Should I subscribe to Motor Trend OnDemand for 2016 MotoAmerica?

Discussion in 'General' started by gothicbeast, Dec 14, 2015.

1. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

Ok, I am a sucker for a deal. Also as a cord cutter, I understand that I need to pay for motorcycle racing content that I want to watch.

With that, Motor Trend OnDemand is offering their service for $5 a month. Most everything they offer, I can watch on YouTube on my ROKU box without a fee. But I missed the 2015 MotoAmerica season because it was just too difficult to watch online. I prefer the DVR option, so I can watch the races on my schedule the same day.

With that understood, oh great WERA BBS, the question is: Should I subscribe to Motor Trend OnDemand for 2016 MotoAmerica? Its $5 a month or $60 a year.

As a side note, My MotoGP feed costs $110 for a years of access and the coverage is very good.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You want my answer? :D

3. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

No :rolleyes:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, you're going to get it anyways.

3 races in April, 1 in may, 3 in June, 1 in July and 1 in September. 9 races in 5 months and you're going to pay for 12 months? Why not $45 instead of paying for a full year? What else are they giving you?

and of those 9 races, how many are blacked out?

$90 to motoamerica? Yeah, throw in a $10 tip! $90 for $45 worth (I imagine two rounds blacked out) of entertainment at $5 a round?

What else they give you for the $90?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Spoken like a true frugal Scotsman.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep lol

I thought about it to. Then I was like wait... isn't that only Superbike and free?

But actually I think I may just to support it.

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Do you have to pay extra for buffering and blackouts?

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hell of a discount for paying for a full year...

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Edit... I saw it advertised at $3.99 a month.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will be going to as many races in person again this year.... Never saw the Motor trend footage for 2015...

11. I am sick of the shit how you pay for cable, then pay for packages, then have to pay more for certain channels. It is bullshit.

And does that subscription get you EVERYTHING? If I subscribe, I want qualifying and every race over the weekend.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

well they are trying to get some income..can't blame them...

they are following the Dorna streaming prices...now they just need to include everything else, like Groome said, and maybe it's a go

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

This, they better give me access to everything for the weekend. I would gladly pay for that.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hey, we were all in favor of MotoAmerica. We were all gonna support it. We all wanted more sponsors. We all wanted TV. We wanted better TV. In reality, we're all DaveK!

[​IMG]

R Acree likes this.
  15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I'm kinda worried that if this doesn't work out, Pro RR in America may be dead. Ill give it a try, 60$ isnt too much, especially if the service is decent and doesn't drop out, buffer, lo Def. It has to be better than last year, if not....

BigBird likes this.