1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

No he helped out about 7 years ago. Pretty sure long before that.

The girls room was Hanna Montana so looking back, it was longer than 7 years.
    Another was Star Wars and of course the skating room.

LOL It was in 2008. So closer to ten years ago.. Just looked up the email.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I only knew a couple of these

Ian178 likes this.
  4. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Really? Motorcycle.com? What happened to all the bitching? :D

7. 418

418 Expert #59

code3ryder likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

9. I find this stuff immensely cool. My wife said it “just sounds like wind.” No shit Sherlock, it’s Martian wind.

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't ever post anything like that again.

backbone, K51000 and 418 like this.
  12. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

While I think it's way cool too, and understand the $ we are spending, etc.

How are the images/videos of the touchdown captured like that at the first 8 and 9 seconds of the vid? Is there a satellite around mars that can zoom in like that? I didn't know that.
    And how do they get the aerial shot near the end? Does it launch it's own drone after it lands for that one?
    Nasa is very masterful at cinematography, and creating real like 'images' and simulations.

Have you seen some of the debunking videos that are all over U tube regarding Nasa's launches, The lunar landings?, The ISS videos, etc?

13. I’m definitely not getting into this considering I work in aerospace and build launch vehicles for a living. Including vehicles that have made it to the ISS very recently.

ULA’s Delta IV is launching tonight, you should pull off your tin foil hat and appreciate the absolute awesomeness of what goes into launching a vehicle that large. How many man hours in engineering, sub assemblies, testing, integration, welding, launch ops, shipping, etc go into creating this one moment where it’s all or nothing and things are either absolutely perfect or it goes to absolute shit. Or don’t, whatever you want to believe especially doing all that research on YouTube instead of on NASA’s website or maybe one of the 100 other reliable websites.

https://www.americaspace.com/live-launch-tracker/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    SteveThompson, backbone and K51000 like this.
  14. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Awesome! A few Winters ago, there was a track on the ice in the Marina, accessible from the boat ramps in McKinley Marina. I live in the area also, but have yet to ride on the ice/frozen pond or lake.

15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, now hold on there, settle down, don't get your undergarmets in an wad now.

I didn't say I believed those vids, but they are there. Yes, I agree that
    "the absolute awesomeness of what goes into launching a vehicle that large. How many man hours in engineering, sub assemblies, testing, integration, welding, launch ops, shipping, etc go into creating this one moment where it’s all or nothing and things are either absolutely perfect or it goes to absolute shit." Yes, it is awesome, thanks for your part of making some of this possible.

One of my many memorable moments, was watching a nighttime shuttle launch from the Cape, around 2 a.m. from the beach in Cocoa Beach, just south of the Cape C. It made the entire area daylight over that portion of the Atlantic- was sometime in Early '95.

And I totally agree that the things we can do, have done, and are doing are incredible.

16. auminer

Nope

I wonder what happened with 2 seconds to go.

17. Sorry if I came off a bit abrasive with my comments. I hear it (or read it) from people all the time talking about how everything is fake and the rabbit hole of that talk goes DEEP. People saying we are paid actors and all sorts of wild comments.

The earth is flat. NASA is fake. 911 was an inside job. :crackup:

18. auminer

o_O

:D

19. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::stupid: