1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

desire for vintage novelty alarm clocks...kids wouldn't understand that either.
    Is that supposed to be for the Japanese military?

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

^ cool

reminds me of the triple loose cube with a ball in the middle. professor showed it around in the Manufacturing tech class and we were all baffled. nobody thought about sintering...

kickass stuff coming there in the future

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My toolbox keychain made the old fashioned way.......
    [​IMG]
    The possibilities with additive manufacturing are very cool.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We want to see the video.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's stop motion

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Bonkers.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Phl218 and TLR67 like this.
  8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

These new monohull foilers are going to be insane to watch........hard to imagine the final AC75 versions are going to be over twice as long as these test mules.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Tear down continues. :cool:

10. joec

joec brace yourself

I still just don't understand how a 5 ton keel can be replaced by foils. Why even make the thing look like a boat at this point even. Like a friend said "they could just make a wired tube shaped thing or something." Lol. The 75s are going to be crazy. I can't wait.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Because that 5 ton keel was acting as ballast to keep the boat upright.

By using foils that are set outside the boats center of gravity on the leeward side, it essentially mimics the same physical forces where the wind is trying to topple the boat, but the outboard foils act as resistance in the form of lift.

joec likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

13. joec

joec brace yourself

Hurts my head to think those little things can create the same physical force. Then again it lifts the boat completely out of the water. Pretty neat.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Phl218 likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

It's damn funny watchin' that "Aussie50" dude destroy washers. He wipes out other stuff like big screen TVs, too...looks like a sci-fi virus eating the screen.
    And, of course, while surfin' the YouTubes, you find the things other people use to destroy stuff, like industrial shredders and the stuff they feed 'em.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Jump forward about eight minutes for stuff to get more technical and interesting.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

19. fastfreddie

I can't wait to need a new washer, but I'll have to figure out how to disable the outta balance cut-off on my toploader. :D

20. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member