1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off-Season Part 2 - January 2014

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by KWyman133, Jan 14, 2014.

1. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone had a great holiday season and are ready to take on the new year!

I am definitely looking forward to what 2014 has in store for me as a motorcycle racer. It's tough being in the off season, but it gives us an opportunity to reflect on years past, and work on ourselves to become a better person. My New Years resolution for 2014 is to seize opportunity; to make the most of each day and situation that comes my way.

For the past couple of years, I have been a supporter of the Progeria Research Foundation. PRF is a non-profit organization that focuses on raising awareness for Progeria, a genetic rapid-aging disease that affects children. Just a few days ago, PRF's most inspirational young man, Sam Berns, passed away at the age of 17 due to complications from the disease.

Sam lived each day of his life to the fullest, always saw the best in people, and surrounded himself with an aura that left lasting impressions on people all over the world. I'm proud to be a spokesperson for PRF, and I hope we can all work together to find hope for the cure.

I have been able to apply lessons I've learned from Sam in my career every day. To make the best of each opportunity and cherish every moment is the stem of all happiness and success.

The days are counting down to the season opening round at Daytona International Speedway, and I look forward to the opportunity to have continued success at a venue that has been very good to me the past three seasons. My heart is beating as fast as I'm pounding this keyboard just thinking about the rush of rolling into that legendary track.

Right now I'm gearing up my XR1200 program for this season. The plan is to have a four-rider effort in the series for the duration of the season and I'm happy to be putting things together early for once. The past few years have been a mad rush to get to Daytona in a pickup truck, but now we have our trailer and program solid for the new year, and it's a great feeling.

Be sure to follow me on facebook (www.facebook.com/kylewymanfans), Twitter (@kylewyman) and Instagram (@kylewyman) to get all of the latest photos and news about Kyle Wyman Racing as we chase the AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson championship once again.

Thanks for reading!