1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Is it just me or is this an odd name for a nail salon?

comfy cozy nails.JPG

3. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Might wanna put those in the proper forum for them...

5. joec

joec brace yourself

At the beginning of every college year all of the new kids move into Boston. They inevitability take there rented moving vans into storrow drive that has insanely low bridges. It's well marked. The place that regret rented trucks a block down from the old shop would park the wrecked ones from storrow drive right in the front of the lot. I had followed I don't know how many RVs under this bridges with passengers on the top pushing down antennas and satellite dishes moving at 2mph.

Lol!
    https://www-bostonmagazine-com.cdn....cannot-drive-a-moving-truck-on-storrow-drive/

They also had a guy in a booth who's job it was too run out into traffic and try to stop the over size trucks from gioing into the Callahan tunnel. They lights and sirens, plus a guy who would run out there with flags to stop the trucks. I used to live directly over it. Took forever to figure out where the alarm Bell was coming from at random times. It came from the booth the guy sat in.

6. In Your Corner

When I worked for Schlitz in Boston a new driver took
    one of our trucks under Mass Ave on Memorial Drive.
    Clearance was 9' and the truck was 12'6".
    Fully loaded truck, hadn't made it's first stop yet.

joec likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Allston Christmas. https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2018/08/30/allston-christmas-boston-moving-permits-storrow

When I'm driving north to Boston on Rt. 3 near Labor Day, as soon as I go through the Braintree split I see the overhead signs warning trucks to stay off of Storrow Drive. It should be a no brainer. Even if the trucks stop in time to avoid hitting the bridges, backing them up to where they can get off still messes up traffic.

Before I started going to Loudon in 1981. I used to drive up to Boston in my International Travelall. I'd just cruise around with a cooler full of cold beer. People would run out and stop me, load up my truck with their stuff, tell me where to drive to and then unload the truck. I forgot how much money I'd collect but it was a good chunk of cash for just sitting in the driver's seat all day.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    joec likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

9. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Was it Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull? That would have been appropriate.

20190720_184951.jpg

10. In Your Corner

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Good thing that nothing of value was lost... :Poke:

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ok for everyone’s entertainment... Pretty damned funny... watch the front wheels of the trucks... and the best are the campers and AC units.. Don’t spit your beer out...

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

That's a lot of Penske, Budget, and Enterprise destruction going on there. :crackup:

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget All My Sons! LmFAO... best one...

15. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

My father, from a long dead wide spot in the road town in Missouri, told me about a rail car tipping over when he was in high school (circa 1955-57)full of Strohs... He then told me about having a case of the shits that didn't go away until the beer did.

A local brewery keeps Strohs on tap for their "bad beer" and also as a Bloody Mary & boilermaker beer....he cringed when I took him there for a Sunday Bloody...at 79yrs old he had flashbacks.

16. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

18. YamahaRick

19. YamahaRick

20. YamahaRick