1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NYC suing oil companies

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by speeddaddy, Jan 10, 2018.

1. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I hope every one of those companies stop selling product to and within the city.

XFBO, sharkattack and Fencer like this.
  3. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Gotta admit. The lengths of lunacy that people like Diblasio are demonstrating are starting to put me of the opinion that drastic action is warranted. The destruction they are creating is ridiculous.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'll spend taxpayer money to sue the corporations that make the city function, for their role in what I and my fellow cultists "feel" is a problem. What could possibly go wrong?

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh joy...now our prices will increase due to the actions of morons.

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The truly amazing thing is that those fuckwits either do not know that "oil" companies are actually energy companies that do a large chunk of the research into alternative energy. That or they are unwilling to let facts get in the way of their agenda and are willing to spend a shit load of money for appearance with little to no effect.

Fencer likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Does that mean no fossil fuel powered popo, mas transit, police, taxis, electricity? Geebus these attention whores make me want to puke. We can't prove our position scientifically, so we will use the courts.

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

"Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will be seeking billions in the lawsuit to recoup money spent by the city for resiliency efforts related to climate change."

Is that city tax money, or money from the feds after natural disasters?

Now, if NYC had any balls, they'd just use the cold turkey method - sell off the stocks tomorrow, immediately ban engines that use fossil fuels from the city, not sure where they get electricity from.

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Force their hand, cut off supplies of big bad fossil fuels . Mayhem within 24 hrs.

11. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Part of me would love to see that and the shitstorm that would follow.

Orvis, badmoon692008 and Fencer like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Put it back on him - "you knew that burning fossil fuels would destroy all of mankind and the planet we live on,
    yet you and your city kept doing so?" Counter suit for billions.

dtalbott and speeddaddy like this.
  13. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Question: what exactly did the big oil companies do during the drilling/mining/refining process to increase climate change?

Seems NYC is sueing the wrong companies. They should be sueing the auto manufacturers.

speeddaddy likes this.
  14. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

The same, but different
    [​IMG]

speeddaddy likes this.
  15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That's just fuckin' dumb. Definitely something a Democrat would vote for.

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They announced yesterday that the city council of Boulder is planning to sue any and all companies involved in the extraction of fossil fuels in an effort to "recoup the considerable costs of dealing with climate change" and "set a precedent that companies will finally be responsible for the damage they do to the environment"

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Really, it should be about a 100 mile radius that gets cut off. That'd be interesting.

Marid2apterbilt and Banditracer like this.
  18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

When can we start getting liberal POS hunting permits?

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

At least the city Councillors in Boulder can use the excuse that they were sitting around smoking weed when they came up with this idea. What can NYC use as an excuse?

dtalbott likes this.
  20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Caffeine withdrawals?