1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVBDR & IDBDR -- You ridden them?

Discussion in 'General' started by jrsamples, Jun 6, 2021.

1. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'ma probably going to do these before long, south to north, but not going all the way to Canaja. Just to Lolo. Any tips? Just the tip, please.

2. No idea what you are talking about. But I have been sitting here having way to much fun using those as acronyms. :D

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Lots more info on ADV
    Do it! I’ve stumbled onto parts of both on various trips out west. NV is shockingly beautiful, especially if your a stargazer. ID is like Appalachia on steroids. Be more vigilant on your campsite wildlife / food management. If you do any night riding, get some extra lights. The cattle on the open ranges out there can and will congregate in the road.

jrsamples likes this.
  4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

https://ridebdr.com/

5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I have no tips, just encouragement. I'm doing my first ADV ride on the COBDR with some friends in July. Should be fun, and scenic.

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Panning my first big Dual Sport on KYBAT in September...

jrsamples likes this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I did COBDR in 2017 on my Hypermotard. It's awesome.

CO2: I've read that Ophir has gotten more difficult, particularly the stream crossing before the ascent. Be sure to do Black Bear and Imogene passes while you are there. Also, Last Dollar Road loop from Telluride to Ouray. You won't regret it (unless you fall off going down the Black Bear steps, and then, you will regret it). If you need a place to camp near Telluride, take the road up to Alta Lakes (south of town), there's plenty of great dispersed camping there. I doubt that there will be any traditional camp sites this year. If you'd like to climb a 14er (recommend), you can camp out Camp Bird Rd. (from Ouray) and climb Sneffels. Or, even better, you can ride most of the way to Antero, the road and the views can't be beat.

CO3: Add Tin Cup Pass.

CO4: Everything to the end is very easy. In Leadville, the best food I found was Casa Sanchez. If you need a real bed (I did by that point), stay at the Delaware Hotel. It's expensive but a great old Hotel. Stay in the same room as Doc Holliday or better, Butch Cassidy. (Add Mosquito Pass if you can do steep and baby head rocks, it is Hypermotard approved though. Turquoise Lake is postcard quality.

[​IMG]

The north end is a lot of this. I loved it! Very outback-ish. In Clark, be sure to get breakfast at the Clark Store/Post Office/Library/Restaurant. Order 2 pancakes...the guy will say, "You sure about that?"

[​IMG]

There's some cool stuff is SW WY if you still have some left in your tank:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gorilla George, stk0308 and cBJr like this.
  8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Do you know how that is different from the KAT? I'd never heard of it before, but the idea that he just took Jeff Stoess's loop and is charging money for it seems a little off to me. Here's the official KAT gps files that Jeff updates a couple of times per year based on road closures or new developments (at the bottom of the page):
    http://annessky.net/kat/

That said, I've done the KAT in some configuration 3 times now and absolutely loved it. 1st time was on a 525 supermoto with 50/50 tires. The last two times I've done it on my 1190 Adventure. I think all 3 times have been in September and we've had great weather.

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I do not, this is my first multi-day type of dual sport adv. Research is now underway. I don't even have a dedicated bike as of yet but I have access to an older DR650, and its a mofo to start sometimes. Anyone got a Ktm690 Enduro R for sale?

10. Critter

Critter Registered

So I have done some of the BDR in Idaho and a BUNCH and I mean a BUNCH of different stuff in NV.....feel free to PM me and I can give you some advice..

11. Critter

Critter Registered

I just checked the NVBDR and I have done a bunch of that too I just did not know that was the BDR lol

5axis likes this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's way more MTTLAs than than I can handle.