1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nutrition for the "Real World" Anyone know of some good references?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

2. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

nutritionists are like mechanics, referrals work wonders.
    The one i go to took my wife from a fit chick to a national level bikini contestant to a IFBB pro bikini who makes good money at it. He also took me from a 260lbs at around 14 percent bodyfat to around 300lbs around 11 percent bodyfat to 270 lbs at around 7 percent bodyfat. He worked with a friend of mine who, after 6 months of working with him, won the first and only bodybuilding show he did. Worked with him 2 years and got his IFBB pro card.

Not saying that the OP is wanting to go look like me. Just saying that if he can do that for me, he can make anybody get healthy.

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

How do you get rid of man boobs? I like ice cream,beer,chips and deep fried errrthing!!!

4. Chip

Chip Registered

I disagree with the first statement. Its completely possible to eat great tasting food that is good for you.

I also disagree with the dine out is unhealthy. You can food that is really good for you if you dine out, its just expensive.

My wife is pregnant so she can't drink, which means that I have cut way back on drinking.....but she has upped her ice cream game, which means I have upped my ice cream game. Here is what I have learned...at least with my body. 1 Blizzard on the weekend is worse for me than 12 beers....

:stupid:

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

hmm. great tasting is different to me than other people apparently.

i went the opposite direction with the pregnancy + alcohol... i only drink on friday and saturday, but it used to be less when we were out at bars and socially drinking. now its sitting on the couch with a movie and a twelve pack.

i havent been able to find anything "out" that is healthy enough for my goals. asking for a grilled chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli, asparagus and nothing else gets a lot of weird looks so i just eat that at home then have a beer or three while she eats.

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Well said, chip.

My wife is pregnant, but still eats very healthy. Those cravings come though! It so good to cheat every once in a while. It is also good to eat out and enjoy the whole eating experience...eating bland=unhappiness=stress= increased bodyfat.

7. Chip

Chip Registered

Sheik - She doesn't eat crap a lot, but since she has been pregnant she has definitely developed a sweet tooth.....and if you send me to DQ for afucking Blizzard, I am coming out with two fucking Blizzards! :up:

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Sheik, can you recommend a way to find a good local nutritionist? My wife isn't an athlete.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That's probably one of the biggest gripe most people say to me when they are pseudo-seriously asking me for advice and help on how to get a dieting plan started.

I can eat the same things at each meal, everyday for a month straight and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm not saying its necessary but it is one less thing to think about.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can too - but not if it's all plain like that. I love broccoli so it's good but the chicken needs something to give it flavor. Upside is with chicken it's easy enough to do. Marinated a couple bewbies in some balsamic and spices yesterday.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I will ask my Nutritionist or my brother (went to DUKE med school and is a serious athlete, so he should know of some people. I will also ask who my wife's friend goes to...she is an Ifbb pro figure athlete and she is from that area.

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Stay away from chains and eat local. Lots of healthy, great tasting options...

Drinking - My wife was my #1 drinking buddy. With her out of commission, its easy to avoid the party. If I am sitting at home watching tv, I have no desire.

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Thanks Sheik.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Thats generally not a problem until you add the "social" aspect to it.
    I could eat on target for breakfast & lunch... cause I'm not around anyone to share company with. Dinner was my problem since my "ready" times varied from my family. So I ended up eating twice.
    Prepared meals would be easier to plan if my son didn't eat everything in site.:D
    And flavor is a hard habit to break in the summer time when everyone has their grills on blast and the fruits are ripe! ;) If you are not stirred by the smell of watermelon or charbroiled food... you are not human! :Poke:

15. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

nothing unhealthy about grilling a nice low fat cut of steak. i do it about twice a week.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

more beer, until you really like 'em.

17. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

sheik, curious, who is your wife? or if you'd rather not throw her name out on here that's understandable too.

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Nothing unhealthy about grilled meat and watermelon!

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Didnt mean to imply that just that. ;)
    Just saying I could eat a healthy sized dinner then walk outside minutes later and be seduced into another meal from those intoxicating summer time smells.

20. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

:beer:

I am on it!