1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now the restaurants are starting to close...

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The one in Canton? Well, one of the many in Canton? :D

Buell1965 likes this.
  2. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Talked to my coworker this am and until further notice it is take out only at our local waffle and in this mornings paper our city dalton ga has declared emergency with the all restaurants to be curb/takeout only..

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

So their cleanliness standards can slip even further with no pesky customers sitting at the bar seeing the nastyass cooking area? o_O

baconologist likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They have to. If their curbside deal doesn’t support the numbers required to turn profit at those locations, they have no choice.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes I know. WH is not somewhere I would choose to do takeout.

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I won’t even dine-in. Haha.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WH is actually not bad. Not healthy by any stretch, but not bad. On long road trips, I'm glad they are there.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

This guy sounds like a Yankee.

:D

ducnut likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

When my son was playing travel hockey, we'd leave early enough to hit a WH in whatever town we happened to be going and he'd get a triple hash brown, 3 scrambled, toast and milk, and then play a hockey game. I have no clue how he didn't puke all over the ice but that was his routine before damn near every game.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Me too...I rely on the jet-fuel they have as coffee. :D

12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Denny’s, Iron Skillets, or mom & pop places, for me.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Whenever I get stopped up it's straight to WH for coffee. Then McDonald's for a small cheesburger.

Problem solved.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Try a cold plate. Fiber will do you good.

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

WH was always a staple for me and my son when we were racing. Still to this day he and I will occasionally go eat there together. One of the few places he still loves and I think it's mostly from his childhood memories. For me, it's a LOT of food for not a lot of money. When you're going to be burning a metric ton of calories, it's a wonderful meal. (The all-star breakfast that is.)

ducnut likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got me Jersey Mike's today and it was damn good. Could have used a bit more oil and vinegar and I should have left it in the car for an hour or two to "set up" but in the end it didn't matter, I ate it so fast I don't think I tasted it. :crackup:

Had to get out, going a bit nutso sitting around the house.

17. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Love the stickball special there. That and the club sub are my go tos there.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’ve fully enjoyed the past 3 months of my Kung-flu staycation at home. I go nuts if I have to go out. Unfortunately got the email that we may be reporting back this Monday. Had to quickly put in for a sick day........ya know, racing Summit the day before and all that noize:D

j cal likes this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’ve got an iron stomach, but jersey mikes is revolting

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Trogolodyte.

cpettit and britx303 like this.