1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice class lap times Grattan or Mid-O

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by renegade17, Jan 25, 2011.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

What are some average lap times for these tracks in the novice group? Either in Lwt or the 600ss class. Thanks

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

3. MYZ1K

MYZ1K Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that novice racers at mid-ohio are anywhere between 1.35's and 1.45's. The best AMA guys can run high 1.20's.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

LWT bikes run somewhere in the 1:35-40s. 600s run 1:25-30s competitive pace.

5. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

There are not novice 600's racing 1:25-1:30's. Those are AMA times, unless you are referring to grattan

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  6. JT252

JT252 Well-Known Member

ama supersport was running between 1:29-1:38's.....most guys I was with at the twillight trackday (advanced and Intermediate groups) were 1:3x-1:50....If you are talking novice trackday i would guess just under 2 minutes

7. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Grattan winning 24's
    Competitive anywhere in the 20's
    Low 30's still having fun

Mid-O winning 35's/34's
    competitive in the high 30's

Remember that you WILL drop time once you start racing. So, if you are not there, don't worry.

Also, when e-stalking mylaps, don't start figuring out who moved to expert and think that the pace will be slower next year.... there is somebody else to take their place.

8. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

Grattan:beer: