1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice A class

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by j cal, Apr 28, 2017.

1. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

From what I've seen in my region, that the Novice A classes have low rider counts gridding up.

May be a silly question, is it possible to receive a refund if I was the only one to grid? I mean, technically it isn't a race, right?

2. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

lol.. you may not have anyone to race in your specific class, but you would likely be gridded with the A experts and maybe another class, so you could race against those guys.

either way, the answer is no. you are paying for track time and if your on the track, then it is going to cost you. :D

3. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I believe I've heard that it's still a 2 wave start?

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

they want to make sure you get little extra time to catch up to the experts :D

LilBabyGirl, j cal and jeffr1ey like this.
  5. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

Yeah, typically. Especially when they combine experts and novices.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If there are only a few novices then no, you'd have a big gap between the experts and you but no wave.

j cal likes this.
  7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

If there is only one bike in your class and you jump start, would you get meatballed? Is so and you ignored it, would you get dq'd?

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

quit playin' the system , rebel!

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Thanks, I got my answer.

Should have been clear with question...rephrased: Would I have an option to not race (and be refunded) if I was the only one registered?

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Do you want the trophy? :D

j cal and Phl218 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

do you want the seat time? do you want to get the opportunity at a glimpse on good lines/passes/ etc.?

j cal likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe and yes if you ignore it you'll be dq'd - a jump may not be why you're being called in...

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes.

j cal likes this.
  14. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Seat time? Absolutely.

Glimpse on good lines? Yeah, but I don't like waiting until I get lapped ha! So good thing to know about the expert/novice gap, and not having a 2 wave start.