1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing yet on the NRA ClusterFuck?....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tzrider, Apr 26, 2019.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

NRA is an organization I want to like, but their leadership makes it tough to do so. I haven’t been a member for over 30 years because they value members money over their gun rights. I remember the phone calls every damned week well.

gixxerreese likes this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What other org out there fights for gun rights like the NRA does day in/day out????

I think y'all are being a tad over critical. I just upped my membership to lifetime, like everything else in life, they may not be anywhere near perfection but what alternatives do we have when we have an entire party in this TWO party system wanting to ban a whole bunch of shit????

jrsamples likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ultimately, "We the People" don't need to rely on an acronym to administer checks and balances to either or both of the two parties working the system.

jksoft and gixxerreese like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd just as soon do it in court if possible, Rambo.

jksoft likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

Or the voting system...
    There's nothing to discuss in court. "Arms" are not only legal (2A), there ownership is enumerated in the Constitution as an Inalienable Right (9A). Can't touch that...it says it twice in the first ten amendments.

6. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

States still have the individual ability to completely oppress gun ownership. This battle is far from over or decided in favor of the 2A.

jksoft likes this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think if that was true, the Dems wouldn't despise them as much as they do plus it misstates their importance/success over the yrs. So I'll just agree to disagree

Technically, you are correct but the average person barely educates themselves on politicians running, let alone specific agendas.

8. fastfreddie

Wrong. By ratifying the Constitution for the United States, the States agreed to uphold it in its entirety, not just parts they liked.
    The NRA has certainly been successful throughout its life. I think the monocle they gaze through needs some cleaning and polishing tho'.

It shouldn't be up to an Acronym to educate the people, but the info should be available freely. As to specific agendas, if you're too stupid/lazy/ignorant/apathetic to know the issues, you still get to vote...that's okay. BUT, if you're too stupid/lazy/ignorant/apathetic to know the issues yet, due to a public office, you have the power/authority to introduce and/or vote on legislature...that's not okay...and that info should be freely available with consequences levied against the "traitor" or lying POS shit that deserves to hang, whichever you prefer...

9. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's working out well for the citizens of NY and my shit state CA.

The states can trample all over your rights and ignore the constitution by abusing the court systems.

10. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

852AE566-84CB-42B0-98DA-AE7FF61DFD5B.jpeg I’m gonna put this here since it’s somewhat about guns

11. fastfreddie

Sounds like the responsibility of those State's citizens. I would add that those States are acting in a manner that's detrimental to the greater good of the Nation...in my mind, that's criminal.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do love how uncontrolled lobbying is cool - as long as it's for something you agree with :D

code3ryder likes this.
  13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't think it's ok but I don't think you can get rid of it in the current government without actually destroying the government. Letting someone re-write the rules to call it something else isn't removing lobbying from Washington and as long as the money is there they aren't going to stop it themselves.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If that is a specific jab at the NRA supporters, sorry but I strongly disagree.....we're not talking about some random subject/preference like big Pharma or Planned Parenthood lobby on, the NRA is protecting an actual Constitutional Right given by our USC....not even close to being on the same level of what other hack orgs engage in.

Britt likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, it's a jab at all of us who bitch about lobbyists and support groups that are lobbyists. In my case it's the AMA. They do a lot of what I consider good work via the same channels groups I dislike work through.

XFBO likes this.