1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not The Onion?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, May 17, 2018.

1. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Child punished for calling teacher ma'am

Two fold issue here: Snowflake teacher and snowflake parents.
    The teacher asked the 5th grader NOT to call her ma'am - he called her ma'am again so she made him write lines.
    The parents are outraged and offended their special little boy had to write lines for being respectful and acting as he was raised.
    They had him switch classrooms. And contacted the media about it.
    THEY HAD HIM SWITCH CLASSROOMS AND CONTACTED THE MEDIA OVER WRITING LINES.
    JFC.

5. Fonda Dix

my biggest issue with the whole things is the use of "writing lines"

Nothing says a teacher is out of ideas and skill quicker than one who resorts to writing lines for corrective action.

And yes, everybody is a snowflake on this deal. Agree, JFC.

bpro likes this.
  6. CausticYarn

I agree - lines are a brain dead punishment. My dad made me do it when I got muddy foot prints on the carpet once. He was leaving with my mom to go out and didn't want to spend time tanning my hide. I remember doing the lines - but I still snuck in the house with my shoes on when I had to pee during the day.

As much as it grates my old ass to be called ma'am, I'd just keep asking him to stop calling me that when he forgot if I was bothered that much. No damn big deal - his parents ingrained it into him that he responded with ma'am or sir, you can't just scrub that out. But for fucksake - CLETUS! LET'S CALL THE NEWS SO WE GETS ON TV!!!!!

Fonda Dix likes this.
  7. Fonda Dix

My wife reacts poorly to that as well.

I call cadets that are almost 30 years my junior, maam and sir.

Its about respect, not age.

8. CausticYarn

I'm a civilian, it's unusual outside any sort of government service hierarchy to be referred to as sir or ma'am unless you are old enough to be called such. Everyone looks old to a 5th grader though - so I'd let that shit slide.

They used to call me miss - it bothers me only because the whippersnappers remind me of how old I am now - They used to card me for liquor when I was out with dern too. :oops:

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Max Headroom

10. sheepofblue

They quit carding me when my blonde hair that faded every summer just stayed white LOL. Helps on tickets also.... or so I have herd

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm 62. I use mam and sir regularly as a matter of respect. So far I haven't had anyone complain. Not sure I will be able to contain the inner curmudgeon if someone does.

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't suppose she would respond well to bish either

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Perhaps the “C” word?

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just don't call me "hun".

16. sheepofblue

Stay out of Alabama then :crackup: Seriously people need to suck it up and get over themselves (not aimed at you IYC). If someone calls you something and means no disrespect and you get your panties in a bunch then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

Brad, crashman, beac83 and 1 other person like this.
  17. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

She’s a friggin complete moron. In the army we’re trained to call superior male officers sir, and superior female officers ma’am. It’s a sign of respect - which frankly she has never deserved anyway. Imho she has both disrespected the military and shown her ignorance and petty microscopic brain in one fell swoop.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't hold back. Let it all out.:D

19. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

That is holding back.

crashman likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:crackup: